Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So engine and ESP light still on after dealer work

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default So engine and ESP light still on after dealer work

So I go to the dealer because I hadnt found a good audi shop yet at the time. CEL and ESP lights were on with the following

P0103
Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ High Input

P1114
Bank1-Sensor2 Internal Resistant too High

P1857
Load Signal Error Message from Engine Contr.

645 dollars later, ****** **** is still on. Dealer fixed some vacuum leaks which was about half and well worth it because I can feel the difference. The other half was them putting in a new MAF sensor which still resulted in codes popping. They OF COURSE are blaming the problem on the APR ecu programming and insist I take it to a shop that is familiar with this stuff. Found a local one where they do apr tuning, its a mechanic who owns 3 audis, tunes his own cars, and has a german accent so im crossin the fingers. Normally I would just let the two lights stay on but i know my ESP light shouldnt be on and the car is now violently jerking once a day at random while driving. It does this whent he esp light comes on. I am takin the car in tomorrow, hopefully i dont spend another 600 to find out they dont know what the hell is going on. Will update when I found out whats up for those who may have this happen in the future.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: So engine and ESP light still on after dealer work

Yeah if they changed your MAF sensor (with the right one hopefully) and it still throws codes of a load signal error from the ecm there is either a wiring issue, or your APR software caused some ****. But i doubt the APR chip is what caused the problem, its more likely a wiring short to ground to the MAF sensor thats touching the body somewhere. That would explain why its intermintent.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

Appreciate that. They checked all the wiring for the ecu, dunno if they checked the sensor wiring, i would hope so. What I want to know is what the hell is causing it to jerk? Could it be the computer shorting and trying to readjust the car?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Site Moderator

It could be either, but checking the wiring to the sensor can check out ok if its not currently being shorted out, so wiggling the wiring harness would be needed to really check that out. As for the ecm, modules rarely fail, even if it has been messed with an aftermarket company. Usually the "chip" may malfunction and cause poor engine performance but it shouldn't cause the problems you're experiencing..

Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 PM
2nd Gear

Makes sense. Seems like this mechanic knows his **** so we shall see. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

So 600 more dollars, got the car back they couldnt fix it. Checked everything, put a whole new program on the ECU. They ordered a refurbished ecu for me stating they are certain my ecu went bad. New computer should be here in the next few days. This **** is starting to **** me off its 1,200 dollars later and the problem still exists. Hopefully they are right and this fixes it.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
2nd Gear

should be able to not pay them if they cannot fix the issue, or only pay for the stuff that fizes it and the rest is free, this is how shops make so much money frizoulus repairs, its all BS