Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Default Sunroof question

I have a 2003 A4 with a factory sunroof. There is a water collection tray (at least I think that is its function) that attaches to the sunroof frame at the rear of the sunroof. It seems to catch and deflect rain / water when the roof is in vent position and also serves as a positive stop for the sunshade. The tray has 2 tabs that attach it to the sunroof frame via screws. These tabs have broken off on my sunroof and now the 'water tray' is no longer attached. Because it was sliding around between the headliner and the roof, I had my local dealer remove it.

I'd like to replace it, but was told by the dealer that I'd have to replace the entire sunroof (glass & frame) at a cost of $1,800 because Audi does not sell the tray separately. I went to a local junkyard who told me he'd sell me the glass & frame from a wreck for $600, but not the tray separately.

All I'm looking for is this tray - does anybody know where to find one? I've looked on e-bay, tried local junkyards and looked on the internet. Who is the sunroof supplier for Audi (Webasto?) - I might be able to get one through the supplier. I don't think it's a critical part, but would like to replace it just the same. I still have the original tray, but without the tabs, I have no way to attach it to the frame.