Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turboing a 96 2.8L

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Turboing a 96 2.8L

Oh im just giving you a hard time, its just what we do to newbies, don't take it so seriously.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

lol, ok man, well i guess i need to hurry and get off this newbie rank then eh...well either way you have good points about it though its deff. not for anyone looking for more then 400HP other wise its not worth it.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:53 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Oh im just giving you a hard time, its just what we do to newbies, don't take it so seriously.
note: keep this ^ in mind while reading

do you think you could say "its not for people who want more than 400+hp" any more?
well its also not for people who like the benefits of an audi either. either its fwd and you cant go through big puddles (also what happens when you go through some snow? haha) or its a quattro but because the turbos right out in the open and the ground clearance is like an inch you cant reap any of the benefits of quattro.

amazing turbos sound?????
... of course! because we all know sound = HP. DURR!

on the other hand i respect that you are just working with what you got and are doing something a little defferent... YA DAMN NOOB!!

ive thought about turboing my 30V. dont know if it would be worth it and i would really like to get a quattro

Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
1st Gear

earlier you were talking about 7gs to run everything, or some ungodly amount... and you keep going back to this "under 400hp" thing. seriously, for 7gs you could build the most unglodly daily driver street monster.

I guess to me it's the same as someone saying I'm going to invest $7,000 but I'm only looking for a small return on my investment, even thought there are far better investments on the table...

my .02

Old 12-28-2007, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

Lol yeh, i live in Dallas, TX so trust me snow is not a problem haha...The only thing i feel bad for is the awd's they "have" to have it in the back which sucks for them. Actually Me and anthony are working on a diagram to have the turbo mounted up front with only alittle bit more money because of the custom headers will have to make and cutting that might need to be done. Cause right now the clearance for me would be an easy solve i have ton of room right infront of the rear axle where the old muffler was so if i were to bottom out it still wouldnt hurt the turbo, thats how much room is under there.

Turboing your 30v would be good, but you have a 30v, PES makes a supercharger for the 30vs so you wouldnt have to worry about that. Also, if we keep in touch I can show you what me and Anthonys idea is for fiting a turbo up front, its actually pretty good. but it would be a tight *** fit just like a RB26DETT with twin turbo in a Skyline, and maybe even tighter haha...

As of price, yeh its alot but i mean the way i think about it is, barely anyone has a 96 v6 fixed up with turbo and it would be nice to have something different. Yes it would be more money but im willing to do so, and also because its my first car but i still like to go cheaper and find more cheaper ways as possible. I could spend right now only about 600$ and turbo my car for only about $1800 but thats only changing fuel curve's and whatever else is necessary for turbo so i would only be able to push out about 220HP. As of right now theres nothing to retard timing as needed so thats why you wouldnt be able to push much out of it the cheap way so I have to go stand alone ecu regardless. MSD wont do the trick with these 96 v6's Anthony has already tried. So as of right now were stuck lol

P.S when the hell is my rank gonna get off newbie lol