Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 Mirror control knob help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 AM
1st Gear
Default '01 Mirror control **** help

Hey all:

Car: 2001 A6 2.7T w/power seats on both sides

Problem: You know that little black **** that controls the mirrors? Makes them nice and adjustable? Due to a, umm....shall we say....passenger malfunction, the **** was snapped clean off at the base. It looks kinda like a plastic mushroom....the black **** with a little clear stalk sticking out of the bottom. I've tried 2 kinds of epoxy, crazy glue (the original stuff, not any of the newer fancy stuffs).....and I can't get the damned thing glued back on.

Has anyone had any success with re-gluing one of these *****? I realize it's a bad situation in that it's a small diameter mounting stalk and a relatively high shear load, but there's gotta be some way to get it back on.

Or, in the same vein, does anyone have one of these switches lying around they'd be willing to part with? I don't even wanna think about what Audi charges for these things.

Thanks, all!
-Red

Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Site Moderator

You can buy the little switch from the dealer for a decent price. Its just pushed in there if you can pry it up and dis-connect the elelctrical connector all you have to do is snap in a new one and you're good to go. If you can't pry it out you have to loosen the center console enough to get your hand under there and push it out from below.

This was a pretty common thing at the dealer BTW, so they should have it in stock.