Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 A6 Dome Light ON

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 03:44 PM
1st Gear
Default 02 A6 Dome Light ON

okay the problem is this... one day while driving i notice my dome lights were going on and off as if my door was opening and closing. Then it stopped. Another time a few days ago.. sitting in my driveway car running doors closed in park they just went on an off about 10 times... I got out and opened and closed every door and trunk it didnt stop. Then just this morning the car was telling me that my rear left door was OPEN and the light came on solid. I opened and closed it a few times and the dash indicator went away but the light stayed on.

I really dont want to go to Audi and tell them i have an Electrical Issue... i am under warranty til 100k on an extended and i dont have water under the foot board of the passenger side.

please help.. anything i can do like reset the fuses or CPU? or grease some contacts for the doors... where are the door sensors?

Old 10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear

there are 2 possibilities.
1st. drivers door latch (very common) research
2nd. a wire under your drivers seat has chafed and is causing the rear seat footwell light (the light under your butt lighting the floor for the rear driverside foot area) to turn on and therefor telling the ecu that the rear door is open.

To solve #1 you can either remove and resolder the latch assembly or simply replace it.
To solve #2 you can remove your drivers seat and track down the misbehaving wire and replace/fix it.

I believe your problem is #2 and I have a simple solution to test. See attached pic. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink See the plug above the red plug? Unplug that black plug (mines already unplugged in the photo). This is the power supply for the rear footwell light. To find this harness of plugs, raise the seat up as high as it goes and get on the ground and look up under the seat in the front, basically where your left thigh would be if you were sitting on the seat.

If after unplugging that connector your issues persists, move onto #1. Of course plug back in the black harness. I suppose there is a third option and that is the rear door latch is bad. But since #1 is extremely common and controls all 4 doors I would still start there.

Last edited by Jeffla; 10-25-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Wow... so helpful!... and easy troubleshooting. Your awesome and i will post what i find.

Thanks.