Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Blown Tires Already!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 05:22 PM
1st Gear
Default 2 Blown Tires Already!!!

Hey everyone...

I've had my 01 A6 since August, so its been close to four or five months since I've had this "practically new" car. I purchased it when it had 32k miles on it, and it was fresh off a lease from a suburban home. I've had two blown tires on this bad boy already.....has anyone else had this problem before?

Also, I'm going to make the argument that I shouldnt have to pay for the replacement of these tires. The car is still under the original manufacturer's warranty on top of the Audi Certified Used Vehicle warranty. I know the warranties dont cover tires but how can you pass a car off as new when the tires blow out before 6 months of use?

What do you guys think? Honestly....i love this car to death, its actually at a local audi dealer right now getting serviced and I miss it already, but this is ridiculous if I have to pay out of my pocket for tires on a still new Audi.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2 Blown Tires Already!!!

are your tyres dunlop ultra lighy weight ULW. I know these were new tyres that weiged 3 kg less than the normal tyres. Perhaps there is a fault.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

this is just......classic!!!

listen up guys

So the morning after i had the flat, I call AAA to tow my car to the nearest Audi dealership. The dealership calls me up a day or two later to tell me that I had the flat, and they're going to replace it.

BUT....they also mentioned that since I drove on the flat (i used a Fix-a-flat inflator to drive to my buddies house) i managed to bend 3 of my rims!?!?!

What happened here? Can a flat tire really cause 3 of my rims to "bend"? You should know these are the stock 16" alloy rims that come standard on all the A6's....

is the dealership trying to scam some money out of me? or do you really bend your rims when you drive on a flat tire?

Old 12-31-2004, 03:19 PM

This is the second time I've heard of this type of scam. I can't remember who the other manufacturer was, though. It's been a while.

Anyway, no, you can't bend 3 wheels just from driving on a flat.

Is this the same dealer that sold you the car? If the wheels truly are bent and this is the same dealer that sold you the car, I'm betting that they new of the problem when they sold it to you, but didn't want to fix the wheels at their cost. They sold it to you so you would have the blow out problem, bring it in, then they can miraculously ascertain that you have 3 bent wheels that YOU will have to pay to replace.

What other reason would there be for them to even check the other 3 wheels?

Then again, I could be way off base with my conspiracy theory.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: New4.2

This is the second time I've heard of this type of scam. I can't remember who the other manufacturer was, though. It's been a while.

Anyway, no, you can't bend 3 wheels just from driving on a flat.

Is this the same dealer that sold you the car? If the wheels truly are bent and this is the same dealer that sold you the car, I'm betting that they new of the problem when they sold it to you, but didn't want to fix the wheels at their cost. They sold it to you so you would have the blow out problem, bring it in, then they can miraculously ascertain that you have 3 bent wheels that YOU will have to pay to replace.

What other reason would there be for them to even check the other 3 wheels?

Then again, I could be way off base with my conspiracy theory.
thats a good observation....but no, it was not the same dealer. The dealer I bought it from is actually farther away from this one.....but the closest audi dealership is not the one i bought it from (hope that made sense)

but yea.....i just told those ******** to just fix the flat and thats it.....cuz theres no way i was gonna pay 1500 dollars for rims (each rim is 500) when I could spend a grand more and get some reallly nice ones..

you can never find an honest mechanic these days

Old 12-31-2004, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

oh yea...shabaz...

the tires I had on were the stock Continental tires..

and the new one they put on.....yes, was the same ****