Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 - squeeking/wrattling noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Default 2006 - squeeking/wrattling noise

Car has developed quite an awful noise the past few months. At first, it appeared as though it was coming from behind the dash. Thinking it was either an out of balance blower motor or poorly secured dash panel, I took it to the dealer for diagnosis. They agreed that the car was making noise and took three days to tear the dash apart and put back together (allegedly) with all new clips/hardware.

Didn't fix a thing. Last night, I believe I may have pinpointed the culprit a little more. While driving I pushed open the driverside door a little and the noise was much larger and coming from the hinge area.

Hinges are secure, and the weather stripping doesn't seem to be the culprit either. I think the noise is coming somwhere within the door itself or perhaps the inside panel rubbing? Anyway, it seems as though when the door is closed the noise from the door is being trasnmitted to other parts of the car via the duct work. E.g. Door open: loud from the hinge area, closed and it sounds like its coming at you from all directions and slightly muffled.

The noise only occurs from typical road vibrations above ~20mph. Very difficult to diagnose and pinpoint while driving and holding the door open.....

Does anyone have more info about this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 PM
2nd Gear

Send me a PM with your e-mail adress referencing the creaking A-Pillar and I will send you the TSB on the fix.