Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 engine stop/start at stop signs default.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 10:25 PM
1st Gear
Default A6 engine stop/start at stop signs default.

The 2017 A6 with a V6 is set up to stop engine at stop signs. Default is this system is “on”. It can be manually turned “off” with dashboard button. However when engine is turned off it defaults to this feature on.

I realize a simple push of the dash button turns this feature off but I would very much like to alter the system so the default status is “off”. Any ideas on how to do that? Perhaps the ignition circuit can interact with the stop/start to turn off that system when the ignition button is pushed? Maybe firmware resident in the car can be modified to accomplish the change?

idea or thought would be appreciated.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear

Bump.

I have been looking at used A4s with the same "issue". Did you ever find a resolution?

Old 05-05-2018, 10:58 AM
1st Gear

No resolution as yet. I’m told ALL NEW cars sold in
U S now have this feature. (I don’t know if that is true). My wife has a 2016 A4 which does not have that feature. My previous 2013 A6 did have the feature but once turned off it stayed off, unlike the default always onunkess manually turned off each time engine is started. I’ve “sorta” learned to live with it but would much rather have the preference in my hands and NOT the software resident in the auto

ANYONE found a resolution to this issue yet????