Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 HID issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Default A6 HID issues

Not sure if this an electrical issue or what but its killin me havin this issue so here goes....

I odrered a 55w kit of 5000k from ddmtuning.... Work great until one ballast went out... or so i thought, turns out it was an intermittent problem...

So i sent it back, then the other side goes out, then its back on again!!!!! By the way usps lost my replacement and i still dont have it.....

Talked to ddm and they were cool about maybe resending or returning them all together but i just want the damn things to shine right.....

The error code eliminators were on back order when I ordered them so i didnt get them with the lights/ballast... did the install and it worked so i figured i wouldnt need em....

DDM mentioned something about maybe my audi needs to be flashed to have them work right???? or maybe i DO need the error code eliminators... i dont have a out headlight error....

Any ideas on this intermittent problem?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Default Anyone else have aftermarket HID on a A6?

Ok I went to the dealer and talked to the staff....

He told me that he had a girl in there once with the same problem.... Sometimes they would work, sometimes not....

He said that they went in and out of that electrical system and had deducted that "thats just the way it was".... somethin about the electrial system on the A6... sometimes it work sometimes it dont.... dont know why....

I wanted to get on here and see what everyone elses expreience was with the A6 and aftermarket hid....

Discuss...

Old 05-26-2010, 11:27 AM
3rd Gear

Many of the aftermarket HID ballasts are crap. DDM does have a good reputation though... If you don't have any issue with conventional halogen, then you know for sure that it is the ballast issue, not the wiring.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 PM

i was doing some research on the dodge forum ( my gf has a flickering issue on hi beams with ddm) and i found out that a lot of ppl have flickering/intermittent issues due to the computer tripping out from the voltage change and shutting them off, flickers etc......

makes sense if you ask me, especially since audi electrical is way picky...

In the meantime my research continues and here is the fix on the dodge forum if anyone is curious.... http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthr...&highlight=hid