Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS sensor or MAF??? ESP AGAIN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 PM
1st Gear
Angry ABS sensor or MAF??? ESP AGAIN!!!!

I posted a few weeks back about a problem with my ESP light flashing, and preventing my car from accelerating...Usually going uphill but not always...It seems to happen when driving around certain turns during my work commute..People said it was the ABS sensor...I adjusted one and cleaned it, and it seemed to help but this is still happening..NO ABS light at all, which makes me think its something else..I had a scan done and I got a MAF code..Cleaned it well, but no change....I dont want to buy something I dont need...My transmission guy has 2 Audis, and says if it was the ABS sensor, the abs ligfht would come on , and it wouldnt be an intermittent problem...Any body had these symptoms before???It mostly happens when My rpms are steady around 3,000(going uphill) but also happens under hard acceleration also around 4,000 to 5500...I also drove many times w the ESP off under the conditions that cause this problem and the car performs perfect...Boosts well,w no hesitations,and shifts well etc..

Last edited by marcb0127t; 05-13-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
3rd Gear

Brake light switch... MAF code should not be related.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
1st Gear

I searched around about the brake light switch problem, but I dont have any of the other symptoms that seem to go along w that problem..I dont have any accleration problems besides when the ESP flashes, and non when the ESP is disabled..Its prob worth a shot though since its a cheap fix...My cruise control hasnt worked though for a long time, way before this problem started..

Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
3rd Gear

Only sure way to tell is to VAGcom your car when the ESP light is on. But as you said, brake light switch is so cheap.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 AM
1st Gear

just replaced the switch..pretty sure I did it right...Lights work, etc...Was a bitch though to get to it...But unfortunately, no change...Im really wishing I had someone who could scan my car while this problem was happening...