Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody done their own work on 2.7t?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Anybody done their own work on 2.7t?

Yep as the subject line states, I would be interested in hearing about any DIY jobs on the 2.7t powerplant. From what I've heard for most Jobs inludes removing the engine from the car. I'm considering doing my clutch sooo... any comments helpful or otherwise I would be interested.

Old 03-13-2005, 12:55 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Anybody done their own work on 2.7t?

Welcome to Audi Forums Mums!

Since you're new... check out the START HERE! (click this link) link to get a rundown of the lingo/vocab here at audiforums.

Then be sure to search the archives when you have a question. Chances are the question has been asked before (probably several times) and the archives will have plenty of information to answer your question. If you still need answers, please feel free to ask questions.

Don't feel intimidated; we are all a bunch of pretty cool guys (and gals). Feel free to post advice, comments, ideas, suggestions, and even pics.
================================================== ================================================== ===============

There are a lot of mods and other tech articles you could read - just search the archives. Also, be sure to browse the S4 forum, too. B5 S4's share the same engine of course.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 AM
Default RE: Anybody done their own work on 2.7t?

Hi,

Clutch is not an engine out job but does require transmision removal and exhaust disconnect.

I recommend upgrading to an RS4 clutch kit which will cost about the same as an Audi supplied version and will last longer and perform much better than the stock version.
Look online for RS4 clutch kit pricing.
Pick up a Bently CD manual for about $70 and that will tell you most of what you need to know.

j