Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR Upgrades for A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 AM
YSS
1st Gear
Default APR Upgrades for A6

I recently bought a 2011 C6 and thinking about the APR ECU and may be pulley upgrade.

I've seen some discussions on APR upgrade on other cars, but too many on C6s. Are APR upgrades on all platforms created equal or they differ from platform to platform?

For those of you who got the APR upgrade, I am interested in knowing the following:

- How long ago did you get the upgrade done and how many miles did you have on your car when you got the upgrade?

- Any issues with the car due to the upgrade, especially if you had the upgrade done several years ago. I am interested in knowing any potential additional wear and tear due to the upgrade.

- Did you have any issues with getting warranty work done at the dealer due to the upgrade?

- If you got both ECU and pulley upgrade done, did you get them at the same time? If not, how much differece did you notice after you got the pulley upgrade?

- If you only got the ECU upgrade done, how much difference did you notice? Is ECU upgrade worth it without the pulley upgrade?

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Also, as for the warranty, the guy at the shop who performs the upgrade said, Audi can not void all warranty and said they have to prove that the upgrade caused the issue to deny warrany, but I briefly talked to a service guy at the dealer and he said it will void the warranty automatically so don't do any upgrades while the car is under warranty. So, what gives?

Last edited by YSS; 05-13-2012 at 10:55 AM.