Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATF Fluid & Carbon Cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM
1st Gear
Default ATF Fluid & Carbon Cleaning?

Hello, Ive got a A6 3.2 C6.. I hit my 75k maintenance a while ago (5k ago) and It said to check and fill the ATF and FD fluids if necessary. The problem is I have never done it and can't figure out what to do!

I notice a pretty rough transition between 1st to 2nd. After reading another thread the guy said it slowly disappeared after changing the ATF.

I'd also like to clean some carbon out. My tailpipes are black as black gets from this. I stomp on the gas a lot, and run it in sport mode to wind the gears out and burn it off. Use Shell V power as much as I can. I'm just looking for long term maintenance.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

If you're looking to decarbonize try Seafoam. Run it through the Vac line at the Fuel Pressure Regulator and throw some in the gas tank. Follow the instructions posted all over the web. I would avoid dropping the stuff in the crank case.

If the tranny is anything like the C5 then it's quite a process to even access the fluid. I bought my kit from http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_f...on_fluid.shtml.

Good luck and best wishes.