Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI A6 low acceleration , low rpm and stuck shift

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:32 PM
1st Gear
Default AUDI A6 low acceleration , low rpm and stuck shift

Hello,

I have 2003 AUDI A6 Quattro

I wonder if you have some ideas about the problems I am having with my car.
Sunroof and windshield were broken due to hail. Some water got into the interior. That might be the source of problems.

First problem I am having is about the acceleration at low speed. When you first start the car, it starts moving very very slow. If you push the gas pedal, nothing changes. Sometime, pushing pedal increases rpm some but increases the speed. Sometime, it does not even increase the rpm. You hear the click (very light noise) around 1000 rpm. When the speed is over 20-30 mph, it gets better. Acceleration is somtime terrible around 30 mph too.

Second problem is that the car shakes when you especially put the shifter into Reverse. I mean just after putting the shifter into Reverse.

Third problem, Shifter gets stuck in Park or Neutral. Sometime it works fine. Especially, it works fine when you first start the car and put the shifter to Driver. When you want to put the shifter into to Park it does not go there and it gets stuck in Neutral.

I thought the problem was the brake pedal switch. I tried another one from 2006 jetta (they look same) but did not solve the problem.

I am using the car now without the brake pedal switch. I am not sure if that might cause some other problems.

I checked the car with diagnostic computer (regular one not vag com) and got the codes of P0393 CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR "B" CIRCUIT HIGH (BANK2) and P0600 SERIAL COMMUNICATION LINK MALFUNCTION.
I have abs and engine lights on.

Should I get a vag com cable to diagnose the car ? I found this one reasonable. I believe important thing is the software. Am I right ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VAG-C...ht_5099wt_1048

Thanks,