Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my first Audi this weekend, and having small problems that wern't noticed prior to buying.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Default Bought my first Audi this weekend, and having small problems that wern't noticed prior to buying.

First of all I am new to this forum as of today so please forgive me of any forum faux-pa (sp?).

Before deciding to buymy '01 Audi A6 2.7T I checked all of the options to make sure everything worked, and they did, except for the few that are conditional. (I wouldn’t haven known until a situation would arise.) I've had it for 3 days now.

The first thing that happened, the day after I bought the car the passenger front window would get stuck coming back up and then go back down. (Worked fine on both test drives.) I realize that it goes back down as a safety option. Is there an easy fix for this or will have to take this to get fixed?

Second, the next morning it was cool out and there was frost on the windows, I turned the rear defroster on, (the light on the switch lights up) but the window never defrosted. I checked the fuse, looks good. Is this a common problem that I can fix or does this need to go in also?

Third, that night, I noticed that the headlights are different heights. I have xenon headlights that to my understanding adjust according to the tilt of the car. I'm not sure which one is incorrect but I'm guessing it is the one that the next morning I noticed had a really bad condensation problem (passenger side)in it which I also have no idea how to resolve. I checked a few threads on here that says some of the lights have that problem but none of them say anything about the tilt of the headlight breaking as a result of this. How do I get the condensation out, and once it dries out will the light tilt correctly again, or do I just need to buy new headlights? My car looks cross-eyed!

Finally, the CD player does not work. The changer in the trunk does. Is that a common problem where a simple cleaning CD will fix it or no? This is not a big deal. I’m mostly concerned about the prior three problems.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer, I am a little disappointed in my purchase because I didn’t notice these prior. Before buying it, Ihadn’t drove it at night, the windowsworked fine, it hadn’t rained in weeks so the headlight was dry, there was no frost when I went back to the dealership to try the defroster functionality, and I had no CD any of the times I went to test drive the car, how was I to know...