Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Parts Upgrade Advice on 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake Parts Upgrade Advice on 4.2

It's time for some upgrades and I'm looking for some advice.

Here's what I am looking for:

1) I'm looking for some new front and rear rotors, preferably drilled
2) Front and rear pads, not worried about dust

I can't seem to find drilled rotors for my vehicle. I've tried ecs, blauparts, googleto name a few. I prefer to stay away from ebay. Had a bad experience [:@]

I've narrowed down the pads to PBR Metal Master or Mintex Red Box. People have posted +vely on the Mintex.

Budget for the front, around 450 - 500.

I'm not planning on any racing, just a bit better braking.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Brake Parts Upgrade Advice on 4.2

I've been considering some DBA rotors... you should check out their webpage for fitment.

I like them the most because they offer some 2-piece rotors, but they also have some decent 1 piece rotors as well. The 2-piece rotors are upwards of $900/pr though!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

I went with the DBA slotted rotors, I believe its the 4000 series. They are heat treated so they can withstand the higher tempsand excessive breakingthat our stock rotors cant handle (warped rotors anyone?). They also have that cool heat sensitive paint on the side of them so you can tell what tempature your rotors are, more for track use. One of the best features of them is the fact that the internal vents area much better design, sturdier and spaced so that the rotors are actually more efficent. Ive had them on for about 1 1/2 months and they have been awsome. Only downside is that I paired them with stock pads, not a big deal though, since our pads are already ceramic. Hope this helps.

BTW: I got them from AWE tuning, great service and great guys, shipped right away. Make sure you match up your factory part number with them. AWE will ask you for the part number to match. If you call the dealer with your VIN, they can tell you the part number of your front rotors. Or you can take off the wheel and measure the rotors yourself, although its kind of a pain.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

personally think slotted rotor look sexier...cause drilled is kinda common and came stock with many cars but maybe not as many slotted and slotted have a less chance of cracking~~but good drilled one won't crack anyways....AND better for your pads cause it swipe the dirts and stuff off the pads' surface with those slots~ I suggest Brembo though~ their sports series rotor fit your Bidget~