Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Car won't start... Help!

A bit of a long post.

I'm having my first bad with the Audi. Got a speeding ticket and a ticket for having too dark a tint. It was dark at night and my car interior is black. I know my tinting is light.

A few days later, my car decides not to start up. Went to pick up some bread and came back (in the space of five minutes)and it wouldn't start [:@].

The car cranks strongly, but won't start at all. Checked all the fuses. Checked the fuel pump relay (which might be burnt) but no joy. Got a replacement relay and tried that too, but it still won't start.

I couldn't see any fuel coming in the line that I disconnected at the engine. Never heard the fuel pump working even with the back seat taken off. Then again, I wouldn't know what it would sound like. I've read that it is pretty quite.

Got it towed to the dealer today. Now I'm dreading what they might find [:'(]

Any ideas what might have happened? Oh, the car has 112k miles on it.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Car won't start... Help!

Fuel pump, easiest thing to do is remove the rear bench seat, taking off the cover and measuring voltage at the fuel pump. If there is voltage, but no fuel at the engine.........................then i think you know what it needs.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

id check to see if there was current running throught he fuse itself. multimeter comes in pretty handy, then do what the other guy said, see if theres current flow at the pump

Old 11-14-2007, 08:49 AM
1st Gear

Any recommendations on a good mulimeter? I will need this for the future.