Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console replacement & others

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Default Center console replacement & others

Hi y'all - new to the forums - purchased an '05 A6 4.2L a few days ago and had a few questions. I've searched the forums pretty extensively yet was unable to find exact answers - hoping you could shed a little light on:

1. I want to replace the center console, as the wood laminate is peeling. I'd take the opportunity to switch it to some sort of silver (matte gray, brushed aluminum, whatever's available) other than wood - see attached picture #1. Since I'd be replacing the wood, I'd like to go ahead and get matching door inserts too - see attached picture #2.

Anyone happen to know the part numbers? Has anyone done this installation before? All I've found on the web are obscure sites without pictures to confirm the part numbers are correct. (ie, I figure its the center console unit, cupholder cover and ashtray cover).

2. I'd like to add iPod functionality to my MMI system (it has NAV). Both the Dension and the Audi MMI retrofit options seem a bit pricey for me, so I wouldn't mind a straight AUX IN jack. FYI, as I haven't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, I don't know which MMI version or NAV disc version the car has. Does this more inexpensive method exist?

3. I've downloaded the 5570 MMI upgrade, on a hunch that my car will come with an early MMI version (0500 or something), but I've read that you have to have a matching NAV disc version 5 or above, which I'm assuming my car won't bring. My first question is - is this accurate? Second question, if it is accurate, how much do the NAV discs cost and where can I obtain them online? Third - I know this has been debated extensively - what's the consensus on upgrading while engine is on?

BTW - uploaded a few extra pics of the car for you all to see. =)

Thanks all - excited to get my new A6.

Alex

Attached Thumbnails Center console replacement & others-audi1.jpg   Center console replacement & others-audi2.jpg   Center console replacement & others-audia6-1.jpg   Center console replacement & others-audia6-3.jpg  
Old 01-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Regarding 1 - I already found the parts!

For 3, just FYI, my car came with SW version 0740 and Nav Disc v5.

Can I still perform the upgrade?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

Where did you find the parts? I want to replace my wood for matte silver. I have a 2007 Q7. Thanks!