Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate control have to be reprogrammed??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Default Climate control have to be reprogrammed??

Climate that was in the car was jacked up - most buttons were ugly and the "vent" button didn't work. You could push it, it wasn't jammed or anything, but it wouldn't change to vents - only way to get that was from "auto". Anyway, picked another unit up from a guy on Vortex and installed it last night. It was a straight forward swap and every button works, but my A/C doesn't work now - just fan - so I only get ambient air. I also noticed the digital displays aren't as bright. Does the "new" unit need to be reprogrammed for my car? Seems ridiculous and don't know if it's possible, but everything on these cars seems to be programmable for the car's specific options, etc. Otherwise I don't know why the A/C wouldn't kick on?!?

If there is something I have to do w/ Vag-com, please list the steps or coding that is necessary. In the meantime, I might hook it up just to see if it's thrown any codes.

EDIT: Pulled it up on Vag-com and it was programmed correctly - 00160 (N America, 6 cyl, left hand drive gas). Anyway, it keeps throwing A/C coolant switch code and coolant temp. code. If I clear them, they immediately pop right back up. Now, knowing that my A/C worked fine before this new unit, is it safe to say that this unit is shot??

Last edited by gone postal; 07-14-2009 at 07:46 PM.