Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comfort Control Module not working?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Comfort Control Module not working?

My flashers (hazard lights) have all of a sudden just started going. They don't make the noise as if the hazard light button was on. The lights just flash.

I started pulling fuses and it happened to be the comfort control module (or central locking control module). Does this mean I have a problem with the module? I don't have any other issues related to that part, i.e. the windows work, door locks work, etc. The fob isn't working, but I figured it might be old, need batteries or something.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT: Fuse 38 is the one with the issue.

Last edited by Melchizedek; 04-16-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

Ever consider that the flasher relay/hazard switch may be going bad? These cars have one that is all self contained within the flasher switch itself. It controls the left and right turn signals along with the 4 way or emergency flashers.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 AM
1st Gear

I thought about that, but the weird thing is that there's no noise. When you push the hazard button, you get the blink noise; but with this issue, there's no noise (unless I push the hazard button).

I suppose I can check that out. I did get a new bezel with climate control and hazard light switch - but the hazard light had a different connector so I had to use my old one.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

As far as the Hazard Switch, there are two different types with a different number of pins. If you remove yours and check the number of pins on the back of it you can order the correct one online. I know they are different for 98-01 and 02-04 models. BYW, ECS Tuning sells both

Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

I was just making a little video and I think I figured it out.

Long story short, I think it is the comfort control module, specifically the alarm.

When I pulled the flasher unit (red button) and then put the fuse in, the horn was going (from the back of the car), when I put the fuse back in, it's just a more normal annoying noise, but no horn.

The horn is what made me think it sounds like an alarm and the comfort control module is connected the alarm system (I'm pretty sure - correct me if I'm wrong).

So, I need to get a new one I guess - unless someone knows how to fix them.

EDIT/UPDATE
So, I just went and pulled fuse 14 and put 38 back in - no problems. Then I put 14 back in. No problems. So I checked everything. Everything was working, except for the sunroof opened...and now won't close.

Last edited by Melchizedek; 04-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

Well, I reset the sunroof (per some other posts on here, you disconnect the battery, manually crank it using an allen key, then set the switch in the correct position, then reconnect the battery).

Then I had an issue with my blinkers not working. If it's not one thing it's another. So, I bought some fuses. I found that there were multiple fuses that were the wrong amperage. Once I did that I found one of my blinkers was actually out. So, I'll replace that and everything might actually be good!