Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM
1st Gear
Default couple questions

ok 1st, i plan on purchasing an amp and 2 subs, probably 12". i was wondering if it would be at all possible to keep my 6disc bose sound system. i like the way the cd player is setup and i wouldnt want to ruin it with a stupid looking cd player.

2nd off i plan on buying diverter valves, but i want the sound to be loud like a bov, can some1 plz tell me the loudest bypass valve that i can purchase.

i have already searched the forums for this info so plz dont tell me use the search button.

btw i drive a 02 a6 2.7t triptonic

Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Default RE: couple questions

Ok, with the 1st question I can help... did it myself so I can speak from experience.
In the 'Do It Yourself' section https://www.audiforums.com/m_318162/tm.htm
I hooked this up myself and it works well. I upgraded my 2000 A6 Bose symphony to a Audi Navigation RNS-E because the Navi has MP3 functionality plus your dont have to burn CDs it uses SD or MMC cards so I can put 2GBs (the size SD card I bought) of music on a little chip and add remove as I please without having to create a library of CDs.

2nd Question. I havent gone that far yet but soon. These are 2 sites (i've been to) that offer DVs and BOVs. You'll have to do your homework on this stuff but I wanted to give you a push in the right direction or at least a direction, since I dont have expertise. I just know from what I have read on this site by people who have dealt with DVs and BOVs.

LLTEK has this, they claim it is pretty loud and adjustable sound level, from what i've read no performance plusses. Pricey tho. I think they (LLTEK) say the sound isnt as loud on an AT, but read up and you should find the info you seek.
http://www.lltek.com/DBOV_turbo_divertor_blowoff.htm

People seem to love the Stratosphere stuff, but these are people concerned with the level of sound, just performance.
http://www.stratmosphere.com/hyperboost5.htm

In a month or so when the holidays are in the rearview mirrors, i'll probably go with one of the stratosphere DVs, dont know which one yet, but any will be better than my factory.

L8R

Old 12-13-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: couple questions

thanks for the info

anyone have any experience with DV's and which ones are the loudest