Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

New Turbo and Other Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear
Default New Turbo and Other Fixes

I have a 2000 S4 that the turbos have gone on. After talking to my tech I have decided to put in the K04 turbos. I was told they are a bit bigger and as far as up grades and options down the road they are what I want in there. If there is any thoughts on that I would like to hear them.
Currently the car has a Stage 2 chip, upgradded exhaust, short shift transmission, upgrade ralley grade cats, stiffer sway bar in therearand upgraded clutch.
The K04s plus other parts and labor are going to run me about $5,500 to get installed. Is there any other modifications or parts that I should be considering at this time. Since the car is going to be so torn apart is there anything else I should be talking to my tech about having done right now? Potentially things that I will want to do later but with the car in this state they will save me some money on labor because they will be an easier part to fix.
I am also looking to the future. I plan to keep the car for a while and as I have more money make some more expensive upgrades. According to my tech I will need to upgrade the brakes before I do anything else. Is this something that I should look at doing right now with the turbo upgrade and the bit of power it is going to add?
I have full faith in my techs advicebut am looking for other ideas and thoughts. Also just trying to education my self as I have minimal knowledge about cars.
Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New Turbo and Other Fixes

yeah, only thing you really need is fueling for the k04's you will really be pushing the stock fueling

Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

The K04 have been in for around 2 weeks now and the car is great. Running as well if not better then ever. Honestly I don't personal notice a difference in performance with just the K04 switch. My tech told me that down the road I have opened up many options for other upgrades. We will see what the bank account can afford in the up comming years.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:53 PM
3rd Gear

you wont notice a difference if the car is not tuned for it. your still running on ko3 software correct? get a more agressive file and you will see a little difference.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

My tech had talked to me saying that he had flashed the chip for something. Sorry I am not much of a car buff. We were talking about the Turbos as well as the new catalytic converters that were put in so I might be confusing the two. He reffered to the car set up going from a stage 2 to a stage 3 minus. Does that make an sense? The car performs well but I don't have much experience or feel for the difference between the K03s and K04s. This is going to lead to my next question. The car had several upgrades and something done to it to match the K03s. My tech has told me in the long run that I will have several new options now that I have K04s that were not available with the K03s. Can anyone fill me in on the details as to what will be available to me in the future knowing I have the K04s now. If you need additional information about the car let me know. Thanks in advance Patrick

Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Slut

you could be making so much more power with some supporting mods. Get a better tune for the ko4's and you will absolutely feel the difference. post in the "s-car" forum.