Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News from AUDI for us Audi owners... READ

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default Good News from AUDI for us Audi owners... READ

I just received a letter from Audi Of America and they are extending the Emissions Control Systems warranty to 10 years and 100,000 miles for the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor, whichever occurs first.
If it malfucntions, it could cause a CEL and your temp gauge to read incorrect temperature. It could also result in the vehicle not passing inspection.
This warranty extension covers the diagnosis and repacement of the ECT sensor. Audi will replace the sensor wihtout any charge at all. It says the dealer should not require you to present this letter but they recommend keeping it in the car with the warranty booklet.

You should check if your vehicle is covered under this extension and call to request a letter if you have not received one. This could be a costly repair for a cheap part. labor is PIA and pricey at Audi shops.

***** IF you have ALREADY paid for replacement of the ECt sensor, you may request reimbursement*****
The letter came with a reimbursement form detailing the steps to take and info to provide.

Letter states that this applies to "certain 2001-2004 Model year Audi Vehicles" and was signed by Marc Trahan Director of Audi Product Quality and technical Service.

Sorry if you already received this info but I fugured some of you might be happy to know this....

Cheers
Brice[/align]

Old 02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Good News from AUDI for us Audi owners... READ

who do i call to request a letter? and do i have to take it to a dealership for this repair or can i take it to an indy shop? 2001 2.7t a6 covered?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

I would call AoA for the letter, you probably did not send an ownership/address change card when you got the car so the prior owner may have the letter.
They recommend that owners keep the letter with their warranty booklet in case they need the repair but stated delaers shuold not require the letter and should know to cover this.
As stated above, Letter says certain audi models.... 01-04. Call AoA.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:29 PM

Yay, my car just went over 100k and i think i have that problem....

Old 02-22-2008, 05:50 PM
3rd Gear

I'm at 113k with no problem, but now I have something to look forward to.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Too funny... something to look forward to. I guess I ahould request the letter too, since I did not get one yet.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:34 PM

I just got the same letter, and not a moment too soon. I have just over 65K on the clock, and my coolant temp gauge is nothing but problematic. Sometimes the needle won't come off the cold peg at all, sometimes it starts to go up then falls back down, and sometimes it just springs up to the 12 o'clock position on its own. I was worried it had to do with my gauge, but this letter makes it look like a reoccuring problem. I'm making an appointment this week with my Audi dealer to take care of it at THEIR expense

For the person who asks about where to take it, the letter says you should take it to your dealer for service, but they will reimburse you what Audi's cost is if you take it to an indy shop.