Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an 00 A6 2.7t This Weekend!! So a couple Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Got an 00 A6 2.7t This Weekend!! So a couple Questions...

My first audi.

2000 A6 2.7T Quattro 6-Speed with 59k miles.

Runs great interior is in great shape for an 00 and the exterior has the usual wear of minor scratches but still looks beautiful.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I can't wait to start modding it.
First up is putting my sub in. I was wondering if it is possible to run my amp off the factory bose amp? I haven't had a chance to dig into the trunk since its been around 7degrees here since I got the car. Also I saw someone selling a changer to aux input converter for 100 bucks...is there some place i can get one thats not so outrageously priced. I got the same thing for my pioneer HU for 25.

Next question is where is a good site to get a nice boost gauge and pod that will match my tan interior?

Once I get more funds to waste I plan on intake, exhaust, and chip (GIAC i think)....I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions soon enough

Any other ideas for mods in the mean time?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Got an 00 A6 2.7t This Weekend!! So a couple Questions...

BEFORE the chip:

- 710N diverter valves (Audi TT part to replace the 710s you've got now)
- Samco Throttle Body Boot (or APR bipipe, preferred) to handle the extra stresses of chipping
- Samco F-hose (to replace the OEM F-hose which tends to split is stressed)

How's your suspension? Did you get the sport package? If not, you'll want to upgrade (Eibach pro kit is a good one). Either way, go for the H-sport anti-sway bars. GREAT mod for the buck. Wheels? If OEM, upgrade to some nice strong & light 17"s.

What are you looking to hook up to the stereo? If an iPod, the best deal around is the IceLink you can pick up on eBay for $15. I paid $150 for mine a while back and have no regrets -- a deal at the blowout price of $15. They go on and off eBay so you may need to program a search that comes back to you when they are relisted (didn't see any yesterday when I looked). Just program in a search for "Audi IceLink"

Follow the link in my signature for some good background reading. Make sure you check out (and bookmark) Stoney's Links -- BEST resource for C5 A6 owners.

Welcome and good luck!

Old 02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

yea i know about the dvs and boot and f-hose; just planned on getting it all with the chip but forgot to mention it...i've been reading about audis on this fourm for over a month now and collected a lot of info, and actually bookmarked the link from your sig because of a previous post of yours...haha

thanks for the heads up on the icelink. i am looking to hook up an ipod.

i dont think i have the sports suspension. not sure. the ride is very light and fluffy tho so i'm assuming its not. i read somewhere i can tell if its sports because the springs are red is that true? and i was lookingat lower springs and shocks to give it a tighter ride. i dont think i needto fork out the cash for coilovers. i have no need to adjust them once its lowered a bit.

oh and where can i get the sway bars?

thanks again for the info

Old 02-07-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

Hey I just got the same exact car today just made a thread about mine also, having a little problem. Also interested in mods.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:06 AM
2nd Gear

Pretty sure the OEM sport shocks are not red. I've got 'em and don't remember seeing any red. I think you may be confusing this with some others.

Easiest way to tell is too look at them. Sport suspension is lowered. Just look at the wheel gap on my signature pic vs. yours.

Right now, the best pricing around for the H-sports appears to be at www.purems.com.

Good luck!

Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
2nd Gear

im goin to say my usual shpeil about audio. stock anything = poopie, even if u got the "premium" stuff. if you change one thing and one thing only, get a great headunit. if youre going to add a sub or subs, start with a good headunit first. this is a crucial component of any audio setup and if you muff that up, may as well not do the rest, dont bother. now, im not saying go with the ultra high stuff, you wont need it unless you plan to compete hardcore. if you want some nice music for listening as you go about your business, get a mid to high level deck. my personal preference is eclipse or alpine, in that order. i like eclipse a smodge more due to the 8v rsm on the outputs, but if you dont know what that is or you dont care, get either. theyre both absolutely amazing companies and consistently churn out great product. in fact im thinking of selling my own deck, because i want to upgrade to a double din dvd nav setup. dont try using the stock amp with the sub, its useless. you cant power a searchlight with a triple A battery. start with a good headunit at first if you cannot afford to do a full setup right away. if you want you can always IM me or PM me and Ill help ya out with audio, its one of the few things i know rather well. good luck with the car, hope you have fun with it.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the tips on the audio....i'm looking for more of a temp setup since i already have an amp and sub i was just wondering if i could run my amp from the factory amp....like if it had outputs or what...like i said, i havent had a chance to check out the trunk since its been so damn cold here.
and if the ipod thing is that cheap i dont mind getting it for a temp setup as well.
i had a nice pioneer HU in my old car but had to keep it in there since i didn't have anything to put back in it if i took it out.

also does anyone know were i can get a gauge pod that matches the grey in my tan/grey interior...i found those ones for audi and vw but only in black.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 PM
2nd Gear

I would say go with the suspension/handeling mods the car is already fast, as you know. Suspension mods are the best.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

I used this thread to run my MTX amp from Bose Amp. It works like a charm since the MTX amp has a build in high input sound processing.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_567721/.../tm.htm#567721

Old 07-31-2007, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear

Southboro Guy is right about the diverter valves and TBB. I have been very happy with my GIAC, but I don't drive aggressively, just fast.

I've been looking for an aftermarket boost gauge with no success. Even contacted AWE and they have nothing for the A6. So if you found something in black, please post the website.

PS - Lots of discussion about K&N air filters. IMHO, no performance increase at all but it will save you money in the long runif you make sure to let the excess oil drain off the filter. If you don't, kiss your MAF sensor goodbye.