Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Couple TT questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Couple TT questions

So I just purchased an 2000 Audi TT 1.8T Quattro from a police auction and Im looking to fix a couple things was wondering if I could get some advice on some of the issues Im having.

Issue 1. The flex pipe has a hole or a crack in it and I have gone to many muffler and exhaust shops and it seems everyone wants 1000+ to fix it. Is this accurate or is there cheaper option. The rest of the exhaust is fine just the flex pipe has the issue.

Issue 2. The latch on the glovebox is off, the dealer wants 750 for a new hatch. Any cheaper options.

Issue 3. When acceleration at half throttle the car seems to stop boosting, its hard to explain but at full throttle it is fine and pulls very well.

Are these common issues? Any Ideas on Issue 3?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I know it's still tough to swallow but the OEM glove box is sold as an assembly, and our price on it is 570.00 dollars. Good savings from retail but still expensive. Usually the hinges on the bottom can break from a bad support/shock. If that little lift support goes bad then the glove box door slams open, breaking the hinges. There is a fix for that somebody posted on this forum or audiworld showing the steps to glue it back together.

The flex pipe, if the diagram is correct, comes off the turbo and down to the cat. Kind of U shaped as the flange to the turbo comes off directly towards the fender and then turns sharply downwards. That pipe is 374.25 dollars.

Any questions please ask, thank you.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm make believe

Don't think anyone will replace the flex section, just the dp. 42dd makes a good one or you can take your chances on eBay.

Like said above, they only sell new boxes. The hinge behind gets weak and when you go to open it, it breaks. Cheaper to just deal with it unless you got the money for a good used one. There are how tos to fix this problem before it happens again.

If you don't create enough load, you stay in vacuum. Part throttle will just about always be 5-10" of vac unless you are going up a hill.