Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings---Another Newbie:)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Greetings---Another Newbie:)

Well I just picked up a 2002 A6 3.0L fully loaded and I must say I'm impressed. It's the first Audi I owned and truly the car is a beast

Anyways had some questions that you guys might be able to answer.

-The car has 56K, I'm wondering what the next tune-up requirement is?
-Do we need to change tranny fluids or any other out-of-ordinary service?
-What kind of oil/filters do you guys use, does it have to be OEM or can I get some Mobil1 stuff?
-When do you recommend I change the timing belt, or which ever belt there might be?
-Is it hard to work on the car your self, for example changing brake pads, changing oils, sparks and other minor tune-up requirements.
-Since the car's warranty expired, I'm wondering is there a warranty I could buy, or should I not worry about it and hope everything goes well?
-And lastly, is there any chips or performance mods for the 3.0L engine? I know that turbos can be tweaked and chiped for better performance, but I'm not sure about 3.0L engines?
-Any other suggestion, thoughts, advice?

Thx guys !

Old 11-13-2006, 05:01 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Greetings---Another Newbie:)

to answer your questions

I would do a tune up just because you don't know when the last one was done.

there are mixed reviews about changing the trans fluid I would say it is safe due to the fact that your car has low miles
M1 is the way to go on the oil
Check into the TB because there have been several cars that have had issues way before the 60k mark
Once you learn your way around the car you will find your own way of ding thinks to make working on the car easier
As for performance I am not sure

Old 11-13-2006, 12:24 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Greetings---Another Newbie:)

Follow the link in my signature to my registry page. There, under "Suggested Reading," you will find links to the official Audi maintenance schedule, Stoney's Links (the ULTIMATE C5 A6 FAQ and resource links page), and some other helpful reading.

Welcome to the sandbox and good luck.