Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Default Headlight problems please help

Hi all

my first post

I tried fitting Xenon bulbs to my Audi A6 1.8T quattro 2000. I fitted H7 bulbs (main beam) without any problems. So feeling confident I went ahead to install the H1 (dip beam) xenon bulbs. I first did the passenger side and the xenon bulb shattered. I put the original bulb back on and now that does not work. The driver side is ok. I did not try to fit the Xenon bulb on that. I have checked the light fuse but they are ok.

Are there any other fuses or switches that I should be checking and where are they located?

Please help if you can.

The bulbs were Xenon 12v 55w 4000k

Thank you

Old 03-13-2005, 12:52 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Headlight problems please help

Hmmmm... interesting question. Have you checked all your connections?

================================================== ================================================== ===============
BTW:
Welcome to Audi Forums Zafonic!

Since you're new... check out the START HERE! (click this link) link to get a rundown of the lingo/vocab here at audiforums.

Then be sure to search the archives when you have a question. Chances are the question has been asked before (probably several times) and the archives will have plenty of information to answer your question. If you still need answers, please feel free to ask questions.

Don't feel intimidated; we are all a bunch of pretty cool guys (and gals). Feel free to post advice, comments, ideas, suggestions, and even pics.
================================================== ================================================== ===============

Old 03-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Default RE: Headlight problems please help

Thank you Mod

Good news to report back and also this information is my way of contributing to the forum.

The problem is described above, but just to recap, I replaced my original Halogen bulb (H1 low beam) with a Xenon ( but not actual xenon more like a bright white light that claimed xenon performance and displaying a stylish HID daylight white light) bulb.  cheap from Ebay £9.99 $20

The bulb shattered as soon as I switched the lights on. I replaced my original Halogen bulb and that failed to work. All my other lights worked only the passenger low dip beam did not work. All the fuses checked out ok.

I was advised to check if I am still getting voltage through the low beam connector. I checked that and I was still getting voltage. So I purchased a new (halogen) bulb and fitted that. Guess what, the low dip beam was back on again.

My original Halogen must have been very sensitive as it got damaged when i took it out. That’s why when I put it back it did not work. This is where I got confused that I took a working bulb out and why after only five minutes it failed to work.

Anyway i hope that makes sense