Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard to Replace Aux Water Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

Has anyone put one of these relocation kits on a 2.7? I cannot find where in the world the pump its self is supposed to mount and would love a hint.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

So I finally got the Aux. pump in at around 11PM last night. After having to solder the relocation kit wiring to the engine harness, and finally find where the new pump goes.

There is a mounting bolt for the bottom of the water pump, that the bracket for the relocated pump, uses to mount to the engine block.

You have to take the rubber section of boost hose that connects to the inner-cooler all the way off. Then you have to take the #28 hose (in Jeff's diagram) off, only then can you look up and see the mounting bolt on the bottom of the water pump. You also really need to take the items off the bottom of the car to get the Aux. pump into place.

I will be checking for leaks over the next week or so, but so far, it looks like everything is all sealed up (except for all the oil leaks).

I would urge anyone that needs to do this repair, to just buy the original replacement pump, and not the relocation kit. Audi took the pump from a stupid location and relocated it to a just as stupid location.