Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Default IAT sensor

Hello,

I have a 2001 A6 Quatro Avant. I just had the dealer replace the valve chain tensionor and the valve cover gaskets. When I got the car back the check engine light was on. They said that it had an old code for the IAT and they had reset it, butthat doing the repairs had "tightened" things up so that now it was not possible to reset it.

Is it possible that they damaged the sensor in doing the repair work above? My check engine light was not on when I took the car in. And, I've had the car serviced regularly which I believe includes checking for stored error codes. I've never been told previously that I had that problem.

Thanks for the help.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: IAT sensor

I dont know what they mean by tightened things up......just go to autozone or somewhere to have them reset your check engine light. Also, check to see if the IAT sensor is plugged in, they might have unplugged it to do the repair and forgot to plug it back in. I would just have autozone or anyone you might know with an OBDII scan tool to reset your engine light first and if it comes back on, then you have an issue with the sensor.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: IAT sensor

Never seen an Intake air temp sensor or IAT go bad. It more lilely that they damage the sensor or piched a wire for the sensor while replacing the other parts.