Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior light oddness on A6 2001

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Interior light oddness on A6 2001

Hello all, I have some odd things happening on my A6 and was hoping someone knowledgeable on the subject could point me in the right direction!

I have a 2001 Y reg A6 avant quattro 2.5v6 tdi all factory spec except a remap to give a better torque curve for towing. I've owned it for 18 months and these problems have been there since I purchased

If I press the button remote to open the doors and open either of the front doors then 60 seconds later the car re-locks. if do the same but open either of the rear doors or the boot then the car does not re-lock. so it appears that the car does not register the front doors opening.

The front interior light always works on the door sensor and manually, but sometimes the rear interior light works on the doors, sometimes it doesn't, but it always works on the switch.

If I open either of the rear doors then the corresponding footwell light comes on, but the front doors to not bring on the footwell lights in the front, they are present and have good bulbs. the puddle lights under the doors seem to work okay.

If the headlights are on and I open the drivers door then i would expect the warning sounder to remind me of the headlights, but this doesnt happen.

Now i happen to hoover out the seats a few days ago and left the doors open in the sun to dry out the covers and when I returned after a few hours or more, I tried the headlights to check lamps and the headlamp warning sounder started, but as soon as I locked and reopened the car it went back to not working.

None of this is a major problem but it would be nice to have it working correctly (and the self-locking on the front doors is a pain) Is there any other troubleshooting I can do to identify the route of the fault, or is this a setting that has accidental been set using a switch combo?

any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I've followed the forum etiquette properly but please let me know if I've missed anything from the noob rules.

Cheers,
Al

p.s. I'm planning on getting rid of the factory nav-plus RNS-D head unit and cd changer as I dont use the satnav and would like to have something that interfaced with my iphone so if anyone has any bright ideas for something that would interface with the canbus please let me know.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

Sound like your driver-side Door Control Unit module is bad. Maybe it got wet or the wiring is shorting where wiring run near the hinge. Check the wiring first, then the Module.