Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lock your doors and you should be safe. watch these guys try to break into the Audi

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear
Default lock your doors and you should be safe. watch these guys try to break into the Audi

This is awesome. The video is worth the watch. I have no clue what they are saying but it is worth checking out it was a good laugh

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/12...ot-so-easy.htm

Old 12-13-2007, 07:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: lock your doors and you should be safe. watch these guys try to break into the Audi

holy crap, that was crazy. i had no idea that the glass was anywhere near that strong!!! well that makes me feel a lot safer to know that if someone decides to try and break a window out to steal my car, it could take them almost 10 minutes of trying, and by that time i'll be out there and giving them a piece of my mind with my .45.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: lock your doors and you should be safe. watch these guys try to break into the Audi

That is a stupid video and the guys are a bunch of wimpy jerks! A three year old could have broken the window in seconds

The glass is tempered and very strong. Knowing how to break it is the key.

Let me explain - For glass to break it needs a stress concentrator and tension on the surface or at the concentrator.

Temperingglass puts the surface in high compression so you need to overcome the compression or make the concentrator enter the tension layer before it will break. The guys were adding stress concentrators (little surface cracks) but were not overcomming the surface compression. Finally one of then made the surface crack deep enough to go thru the surface compression to theunderlying tension layer and it shattered. You probably noticed that the glass diced into a zillion pieces (didn't just crack). This is because it was highly stressed (tempered) and once the tension layer was entered it relieved itself.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

You see the video on youtube where the kat show how the glass is bullet proof. Our glass is not bullet proof, it was a demo, I think it was a sercet services agent.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Tha Abbot

You see the video on youtube where the kat show how the glass is bullet proof. Our glass is not bullet proof, it was a demo, I think it was a sercet services agent.
Audi AG, and Benz, and BMWs are known for providing armoured cars to the politicians, personalities, or rich Brazilions...you can buy a bullet proof version of the cars for them, which need a sort of security clearance that you are not drug lord or such, also, they will make you sign a contract, where you cannot sell the car to just anyone, but one who has gone thru some sort of clearance from the local governing authority. Your dealer can't provide much details, but Audi USA will direct your inquiry to the armoured division of Audi. It takes 6-8 months, before you will see your car, and forget about spirited drive, it will be 1200 Lbs. heavier atleast, if not including the land-mine defense system, whichfurtherincreases the weight by 200 Lbs.Thereore, V8 engines are preffered, than any other. The life expectancy of such cars are maximum10 yrs, after which you will end up buying a new one, as they just die from their own weight.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 PM
SoCal Crew Member

the fasted way to break is to take a small (bebe) sized piece porclien from a spark plug and boom the window is done. that easy, less than a second.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:07 AM

ORIGINAL: germantech

the fasted way to break is to take a small (bebe) sized piece porclien from a spark plug and boom the window is done. that easy, less than a second.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tMl9kaAUvQ8
Like that? haha

Also, easiest way is to use one of the tempered glass breakers. Does the trick every time.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:17 AM
1st Gear

A spring-loaded center punch (normally used to dimple a spot on a piece of metal before drilling; keeps the bit from walking) can be used with deviestating effect, too.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:34 AM
3rd Gear

Carbide tip on the center punch helps