Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!! Coolant pipe under intake busted!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Need help!! Coolant pipe under intake busted!!!!

Yea it happend at the worst time I broke my leg last weak at work an now this and I have surgery on the 7th so what can I do to fix this in my drive way I have all the tools that I think I might need I just rebuilt a chevy 350 ground up. I think I am able to do this just never worked this deep on my own car. Car is a 2003 A6 2.7t. with auto trans.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear

Its not a coolant pipe. Its actually the auxiliary coolant pump which is a common failure part. There are lots of DIYs for it on the net, but working on it with a broken leg might be tricky. Personally, I don't think its a hard job, pull the y pipe, pull the fuel rail, pull the intake manifold and its right there. Happy wrenching

Old 09-02-2010, 01:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jhuffman
Its not a coolant pipe. Its actually the auxiliary coolant pump which is a common failure part. There are lots of DIYs for it on the net, but working on it with a broken leg might be tricky. Personally, I don't think its a hard job, pull the y pipe, pull the fuel rail, pull the intake manifold and its right there. Happy wrenching
Thanks for the reply I will supervise and hoble in when I need to. Is there any worrys about the fuel injectors getting stuck and do I need to get new o-rings for the injectors?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

I just did mine on a 2000 2.7. I didn't take the fuel rail off. I was able to unplug two injectors on the right side and raise the intake up enough to work under it. Not a bad job. Dealer wanted about $900. I did it for about $150.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:28 PM
1st Gear
Default It's the Aux Water Pump under the intake.

I need help with this. My wife is going out of town and I will be without a car If I don't get this repaired soon.

I would really like a how to on this.

I have most of the intake bolts out, the ones on the back I can't reach them.
I have the intake pipe out of the way, and the boost pipes to the TB are removed.
Thats about as far as I have got.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

I just finished, the pump I ordered had the wrong electrical conection and I just replaced the good guts with the old ut good pump.

The old pump plastic parts was completely rotted out and the inlet of the pump and the hose where just broken away and hanging off to the left of the pump.

I had to lift the intake up in the front my model a6 has an electric pump near the fire wall and its just not a good idea to remove it, to agravating.

Does this pump ever come on and what exactly does it do? I actually thought about bypassing it all together with a 90deg fitting, but since i boought the part might as well use it.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

The aux coolant pump turns on when you turn the car off and the coolant is above some temp. It basically runs coolant through the radiator to cool the turbos, a kind of built in turbo timer. It rarely turns on, unless you do the low temp coolant sensor mod.