Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '04 2.7T owner diverter valves/cone filter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Default New '04 2.7T owner diverter valves/cone filter?

Just bought an 2004A6 2.7t Certified pre-owned from a dealershipwith 39k. I still have one maintenance under the original 50k and purchased 55, 65,and 75000 mile maintenance. Should this be good enough for looking over the car or are there things I should be worried about? When they do scheduled maintinence do they tell you if something needs to be replaced? Things I should watch for as time goes by?

Also looking atdoing some minor upgrades. ThreeI wasthinking of off the bat were maybe chipping, new diverter valves(blow-off valve?), and a new air filter (a cone style K&N??) I have tried to look up some different chips but the ones I found all say they do not work on turbo models. Could only find a flat style K&N on their website to fit it. Can/How do you put a cone style filter on?
Any ideas on any of these things, suggestions on whats the best?? are these pretty easy mods to do yourself?

I can maybe get some help from my brother in law, he has a modded 95 Stealth TT but I have a feeling an Audi is a little different.I dont know much about cars but I'm lovin this newA6and a little extra spunk is always a more fun!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New '04 2.7T owner diverter valves/cone filter?

https://www.audiforums.com/m_468139/tm.htm

Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New '04 2.7T owner diverter valves/cone filter?

audi owners dont use blow off valves ... first off it is so bad for an audi and really doesnt work ... secondly you dont own a civic. i have baileys DV but you can get cheaper deals if you look around ... awe sflo intake has a cone filter ... i have that and its great ... take your car there for a GIAC chip it is a really agressive file ... youll like it...also look at apr ive heard good feedback on them...make sure chipping your car doesnt void the service stuff you bought