Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi owner has A/C questions!!! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi owner has A/C questions!!! Please help

Hi all. I am new here and just bought first Audi, a 2004 A6 Quattro 2.7T with 57,000 miles. I am wondering what is wrong with my A/C and hope someone can help me out here.
When I bought the car it wasn't blowing very cold air, it was leukwarm at best and the dealer (not Audi dealer) told me they would recharge it with some freon and they got it down to cool to 58 degrees. I drove the car home and it seemed ok but I was driving at highway speeds. It just doesn't seem cold any time, but will feel better after car has ran for a while at faster speeds. Its only been a week and it seems like it has faded a little. I have it on Auto and 64 setting and I have tried the recirc. button and other settings. I have to always run fan middle to high to get it bearable because I live in nothern Texas. I don't know if this matters, but I have inspected the car underneath and there are two A/C water puddles. One in front of the passenger side wheel, and the other on the passenger side towards the middle of the car. Today, after running the A/C on full, for a 15 min. drive, there was only one puddle in front of the passenger wheel. This does not sound normal to me. I have had 2 mercedes benz and they had great air conditioning.

Could it be a blocked line? Any help would be greatly appreciated...as I am really worried!!!
Thanks,
Robin