Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner of 04 2.7T with Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Default New owner of 04 2.7T with Questions!

Ok, just bought an 04 A6 2.7T (s-line) and WOW what a car. Anyway, I can't work a few things...the owners manual was not inside. In any case can someone help with the following:
How do I get the information in the driver's information gauge to change. Right now it says 23mph (not mpg) and doesn't change. If I hit the button a MPH in a circle shows up and beeps occasionally. I know it can read my average MPG and how many potential miles are left in the tank, etc... How do I work the thing?
I am sure I will have more questions as I go. Thanks for any help or a place with simple directions. I am a newbie and will take whatever abuse I deserve for my questions!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on the S-Line. I have one too, great car. There is a button at the end of the stick on the right side of the steering column. Push it up and down to change displayed info. There is a reset button on the bottom of that stick to reset the info being displayed (fuel economy, driving time etc). If you have been driving for 2 hours it will beep and show "2:00h" in an attempt to remind you to take a rest. Press the reset button to clear. That MPH number with the circle is a speed warning I beleive. Will beep once you hit a certain speed. 2 speed warnings are driver configurable. One temporary, which remains until the vehicle is turned off, and one permanent that remains until you delete it.

To set speed warning 1, press the Right Hand display button (by the speedometer) when the vehicle is at the desired speed.
To set warning 2, press the LH display button then press and hold the button for at least 2 seconds with the ignition key off. The currently stored speed will be displayed. Adjust the speed setting with the rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk Adjustment is in 5 mph increments.
The speed warning will beep and display the indicator when you exceed the set speed by 6mph (10 km/h). The warning will go out if you drive 25 mph (40 km/h) higher than the set point for more than 30 seconds...i think...I never use it but I googled the procedure and this sounds about right.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
3rd Gear

If you have the Bose radio and hold the "menu" button down for 10 seconds, you will get another configuration menu that will allow you to adjust the maximum volume higher.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 PM

I called XM radio today and they said they have no record of the VIN in their system. When I press the SAT button, it says NO SAT Radio. Does this mean I am out of luck without going to Audi to have the radio installed?