Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOOB Maintenance questions - Help appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Default NOOB Maintenance questions - Help appreciated!

Okay, so I'm not wanting to pay 19.00 and change per spark plug from the dealer for the NGK plugs that are for my 2005 A6 (based on the VIN, according to the dealer).

Does anybody have a list of good online sources for maintenance items like oil filters, spark plugs, and cabin filters?

The dealer also wants 84.00 x 2 for the cabin filters for the 05 A6. Anybody know where they even install? My BMW 645 had it near the cowl in the engine area, but I looked under that and didn't see where they'd go (perhaps I was looking for something incorrectly).

Any pointers for the basic maintenance (plugs, filters, brake bleed, etc) that you want to pass along (in regards to Audi-specific stuff) would be appreciated. I've bled brakes before, but wasn't sure if there was anything special in terms of the Audis that I needed to be ready to handle.

If I can't find the NGK's that are apparently pretty special, are there any alternative plugs I could use that would work as well? Apparently they are a variation on the Laser Iridium from NGK. Funny thing is, I contacted NGK about plugs, and THEY don't list one for the 05 A6 with the 3.2L engine.

From them, "Unfortunately the A6 model is not listed with the 3.2L engine option. For this year we do list the TT with the 3.2L and the OE plug for that vehicle is the IZKR7B stock# 7563. I would double check this plug number with your owner's manual to confirm fitment." I'd happily check that IF THE MANUAL HAD the P/N. Calling Audi, they say the P/N for the plug is Audi# 101 905 621, NGK # VW AG, so I'm a bit puzzled exactly as to which one I need...

Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Default RE: NOOB Maintenance questions - Help appreciated!

Oh yeah, another stupid thing. I had a rattling in the roof lining. I was able to go up through the back of it, by the rear window and I pulled out a rolling 'thing' that had hooks on either end. Looked kinda like a spring to keep something tight and secured. Since it came out, things have been quiet and I've had no issues. I need to get a pic of it, but was wondering if anybody had a clue as to what its purpose may be...

Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
3rd Gear

I get my Audi parts from Chris Semple at Force Five in Concord NH 603-223-6700. They have both new and used parts at very good prices. and they know Audi's

as for bleeding the brakes - there is nothing special

Spend the money for a a Ross-tech (or compatable) VAGCom and Bentley repair manual. Just make sure the manual covers your specific vehicle. They will pay for themselves in 20 seconds when you have a problem.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:48 PM

NH, that is on the way. I used one on my BMW's and have got the same thing going for the Bentley. I was just trying to find the stupid cabin filters before the manual got here.

Does Chris Semple have a web site at all?

Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
3rd Gear

www.blauparts.com or www.ecstuning.com have good parts selection for routine maintenance stuff.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Southern6er

NH, that is on the way. I used one on my BMW's and have got the same thing going for the Bentley. I was just trying to find the stupid cabin filters before the manual got here.

Does Chris Semple have a web site at all?

Yes but t he phone works better --- http://www.force5auto.com/