Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please read..I think the dealer messed up my car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:00 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Update on my car..Tailshaft seal leak

Did you ever see any of those fluids where you parked the car at home?
Seems strange that a transmission would belch out all its fluid in such a short drive.
Did you drive back over the route and see if there were any "car parts" lying around on the road?

One possibility, and I've not been under your model to know for sure, but perhaps when it was certified (or serviced, can't say whoch) they replaced all the fluids (whoch is a sensible thing to do). In doing so, they may not have fitted the oil filler plug properly and while you were driving back from service, it dropped out [thats why I suggested a drive/walk back and see what you can see]

Old 06-06-2006, 02:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Update on my car..Tailshaft seal leak

ORIGINAL: cary12

They ripped you off and you shouldn't put up with it. I wouldn't have even let them try to fix it. I would have cried lemon and lawyer and got my money back.
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. For starters: you obviously haven't a clue what a "lemon" actually is. In PA, when a BRAND NEW car has been in the shop for the same repair three times and still is not fixed, then the manufacturer must either buy the vehicle back, or give a full or partial refund. Therefore if you had gone to a lawyer wanting to sue under the lemon law, a lawyer would laugh you right out of his office for wasting his time with a totally irrelevant and inapplicable case.

To the poster: I'm not going to say the dealer didn't rip you off, they might have but at least wait until you have all the facts before making a claim. The dealership definitely should've found this before putting it on their lot. It looks to me as if the tech performing the CPO inspection wasn't thorough enough. I'm interested in seeing what the dealer will do for you to remedy this problem.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
1st Gear
Default Tailshaft seal/Propshaft Seal leak

The dealer who is servicing the car said what ever the problem is, it's covered. My question is...when it was in for service for the O2 sensor and hose, wouldn’t/shouldn't have they noticed a tranny leak in the tailshaft since they have it up on the lift? I'm going to see what they do and how it turns out. They said that once their done, they’ll put the car through the recertification process to see if anything else is wrong with the car. The car is still covered under the CPO 2yr 100k mile warranty. If it's not fixed, they assured me they will make it right. I've also taken the liberty to speak with Audi North America and log a record of this issue. It seems the dealer I bought the car from wasn't as thorough when they certified the car. Hopefully the dealer servicing my car will re-instill my confidence in Audi and the car I purchased. I'll know more by tomorrow.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Default RE: Tailshaft seal/Propshaft Seal leak

problem here is (was it in for a service??) or just to repair the o2 sensor if the latter is the answer they are covered and did the job they were supposed to do and its not their job to look for other faults, this happens a lot and is much misunderstood

Old 06-06-2006, 04:10 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Chico PA
I've also taken the liberty to speak with Audi North America and log a record of this issue. It seems the dealer I bought the car from wasn't as thorough when they certified the car.
Sounds like you are taking some good steps. I think you are roght to question the dealer's thoroughness at this point. I would watch them like a hawk.

I hope you get some good news soon.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

New update. So I spoke to the dealer servicing my car today, and they fixed the tailshaft seal. They filled the tranny and ran the car. They said it was not driving well. The next step is they are ordering a brand new (not rebuilt) tranny from Audi on Monday. The Dealer said it is something that should have been noticed during the certification process from the Audi dealer I bought it from. But , it wasn't and they're resolving the situation. At least I know it's getting done correctly. Any Idea on what this would cost if it wasn't under CPO? Also what is the life expectancy if maintained correctly of this tranny? Does anyone know if when replacing the tranny, if the Torque Converter is also replaced?

Old 06-11-2006, 12:52 PM
3rd Gear

Cost out of warranty is probably about 10-14 grand. New tranny should outlive the rest of the car. In a situation such as yours the torque converter probably wont be replaced. Considering theres been some issues with that torque converter you may want to consider having one put in while the trannys out. Or at least finding out whetere it would be covered by the cpo.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

Update. I spoke to the dealership working on my car. The "new" tranny has been ordered and they are expecting it to arrive tomorrow. They might have it done by Friday if not definatley Monday. They also said the Torque converter is also being replaced. Even though it is external to the tranny, they felt it should also be replaced. Once this is done is there anything else from a Tranny standpoint that I need to be concerned with? How often will I need to have the Tranny fluid checked/changed. What do you think the life expectancy of this tranny is if properly maintained?

Old 06-13-2006, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Update. I spoke to the dealership working on my car. The "new" tranny has been ordered and they are expecting it to arrive tomorrow. They might have it done by Friday if not definatley Monday. They also said the Torque converter is also being replaced. Even though it is external to the tranny, they felt it should also be replaced. Once this is done is there anything else from a Tranny standpoint that I need to be concerned with? How often will I need to have the Tranny fluid checked/changed. What do you think the life expectancy of this tranny is if properly maintained?