Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relay clicking noise behind driver dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
1st Gear
Talking Thank you!

I have been to a dozen sites and it looks as though the price is pretty standard.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM

No prob. And, here's the instructions I followed.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

I know this is an old post, but ran across this problem today and think I have been dealing with it for a while. You said

"not a problem but more a sound issue mine does it too but not for long, turn the steering wheel and it goes off and its all down to the esp module or traction control on the later cars"

I had this clicking and shortly after had the ESP, Trac Control, suspension and ABS lights come on...however NO Check Engine Light.

I have a 2003 Allroad 2.7t automatic trans.
Wondering if this is a relay issue, that throws these codes or lights, since these cars have so many circuits that cross and something totally unrelated can trigger several indicators.

Just so you know this issue has been looked into and for background...I've had this problem before, threw codes for cam sensors, low turbo pressure, throttle sensor, MAF, Throttle body
Replaced the throttle pedal assembly twice, replaced the TB and boot, replaced the MAF, replaced the battery and alternator (and yes it is the correct amperage) and Aux air pump and associated valves.

Had a shop try and diagnose/fix the issue.
They test drove it and experienced the limp mode symptoms and lights.
They chased down a short in the cam sensor wiring, but said all else looked good to include the ECU. Car ran fine after I picked it up for a few days, then started hesitating, throwing the same codes and going into limp mode on and off.

I guess my question, based on the clicking I'm hearing and your comment, is what other relays are behind the driver's side panel or fuse box, that might affect these codes/lights/problems?

Thanks for your time