Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote key failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Default remote key failure

For the begining HI EVERYBODY and sorry for my english. Just i bought an Audi A6 1999, and when i replace the batery from main remote key , it was ok just for one hour but the alarm system was starting alone ocassionally, after that it doesn't work enymore .I dont have a second key( just a blank: blade and a remote) but it is usefull.What can i do?(the remote is workink , i checked at my work on osciloscope and is transmiting)
If i lock the car with the key, the power lock it's working for all the doors ,but not with the remote.It's any conection because of the computer showed me before an open door (rear) actually i tryed to fix it... something with a switch..i cuted 2 wire from inside the door, now the computer show me closed door and if it was any conection with remote key now should be ok , but it is not.Anybody can help me to avoid the Audi dealer.Actually the question is: i can't open the car with the remote , meaning i have problems with the programing key or with rhe computer central power lock

Best regards

Old 04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: remote key failure

well you got 2 options

if you have a vagcom reprogram the remote

or

buy a new remote and key blade off ebay and get it cut

Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations on the Audi!! Well my friend it seems your in a situation. There is a way to reprogram the key. I had to actually do it myself last week because of my friend broke off my key chain and I had to open up the key and it stopped working after. The only thing is, You need an extra key for it [&o]

You have to:
-Take an extra key and put it in the ignition and turn it once (dont turn on the engine)
-open your driver side window
-then use the key you want to program and lock the car MANUALLY.
-once locked, PRESS the unlock button on your key
-(The car's lights should blink but no sound)
-Then unlock the car MANUALLY and it should make a noise (sounds like the locks locking) If it doesn't work play around with it and you'll get it.
BUT you are going to have to probably get that extra key cut to be able to do this.

Hope I could Help

Old 06-06-2008, 11:37 AM

hi, heres one... after changing the remote batterys, and spending an hour to re-sync the remote fob with the car.
i decided to check the new batterys and found out that 1 of them was 20%.. really pissed with that i bought 2 new ones from the steelers and fitted them. and guess what no remote problem any more,

so take note b4 you spend big dosh,make sure the remote batterys are the CORRECT ones[:-].
any way thats the score in my instance,
MENTAL[8D]