Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stiff sport suspension Audi Avant c6

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Stiff sport suspension Audi Avant c6

Hi guys,

please I need an advice considering the following: I bought my Audi c6 Avant, which I enjoy a lot, but I have a problem with my sport suspension which is to stiff for my local poor roads. On the highway is perfect, but when I drive it outside is killing me and my wife

Is it possible to replace to a normal factory suspension? I know sounds a little bit weird, most of the people want opposite, but I figured out that I need a softer suspension and a higher car ( sport suspension on Audi is 20mm lower than original). It is sufficient to change the coil-overs and the shock absorbers to original non-sport factory ones? Or there are some other aspects that must be considered.

In the past, I was thinking to change the Audi sport shock-absorbers with Koni FSD, but that will not solve the ground distance of my car, which will remain 20mm lower.

ps: I don't want to sell this car and buy other one with normal suspension.

thanks a lot,
Adrian

Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

you can have my stock suspension

coming from a car with coilovers, can't wait to upgrade the wagon to coilovers.

but seriously, you could have my stock suspension once i replace it.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

Hello,

I finally bought some standard coil springs in order to change my sport suspension from a stock sport one to a standard suspension.

Now I have a big dilemma choosing the right shock absorbers.

Everybody is saying to buy the Koni FSD's, but are a little bit pricey for my budget, almost at the same price as OEM Audi standard suspension.

I read about Bilstein (also pricey) and KYB.

My question is: Between those( Koni, OEM Standard Shock,Bilstein and KYB) which one offer the best balance between comfort and price?

The KYB are the cheapest, but I will be satisfied? I mean, it will be big differences from a new standard suspension?

Thank you,
Adrian

Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

Like yourself, I find the sport suspension to be a bit stiffer than I care for, and so I specifically ordered a car with the base suspension.

For that reason, I'd be a bit wary of buying what "everyone" suggests, since most enthusiasts seem to prefer that firmer, sportier ride. I know Bilstein makes a very good product, but I suspect that going OE will give you the most comfortable ride.

Best of luck.