Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 PM
1st Gear
Default sunshade

the sunshade in the backseat behind the driver will not roll all the way down. ill let it go down then about half way it just stops, so either i have to put it up or let half of it hanging out, any ideas on how to easily fix this problem?

Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: sunshade

bump plz help =[

Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: sunshade

You'll probably have to pull the door panel to get at the shade roller. If you've never pulled a door panel, it is not too hard...

Remove two philips-head screws near the top corners of the door panel;
Push the window switch up (with a screwdriver) from the access hole under the interior door handle;
Disconnect the wire for the window switch;
Pull the panel straight upwards;
Looking near the top of the panel, inside you will see a metal hook near a white plastic cylinder;
Remove the cylinder from the retainer in the door panel, this will allow you to remove the hook from the white plastic cylinder;
Pullthe panel further outward, and folow the wires for the door speakers and disconnect those;
Remove the panel from the car.

As far as the sunshade itself, I think you'll probably have to remove the scroll shade assembly, but I have never done that, so I am not sure what screws/bolts to remove...however, it should be apparent how to remove it. You might also have to lift the metal "tracks" for the slot onthe top edge of the door panel...not sure how those are fastened down either.

If you have to replace the scroll shade, it is a couple of hundred dollars at the dealer just for the shade itself. I hope you can figure out how to fix this...

Good luck!!!