Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking of buying a 2000 A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
"Living beyond your means" was the homework. Show me, please, where exactly you acknowledged that. However, I can take a guess:

- Was it "Never kicked myself for buying it"? - No, it can't be...
- Was it "It did get a little pricey"? - Hmm, close but not really describing a living beyond the means situation...
- Was it "The performance is worth the decline in gas mileage"? - Nah, that has nothing in common whatsoever with a living beyond your means situation...

By the way, did the government (federal or local) actually pay you a SALARY to attend high school?
I wish I would have had that opportunity and luck some years back.
Actually, yes. I worked for the school when I was a senior so I was state employed and was compensated by the state.

And the issue of the thread was to decide between the A4 and A6. Not to "live beyond your means." Deciding between the two is not an issue or which you can afford because everyone on this thread knows that each will end up costing the same amount in repairs. Don't take the one sentence I didn't refer to in my response and act like that was your only argument. Your argument is so convoluted it honestly frustrates me and consequently nearly ruined my day.

Lighten up and go drive your hyundai. Peace.

As for the publisher for this thread-Pick up the A6. You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Sorry for getting heated, Ive had a long week.

Have a good weekend, guys.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 2000TT1.8T
Actually, yes. I worked for the school when I was a senior so I was state employed and was compensated by the state.

And the issue of the thread was to decide between the A4 and A6. Not to "live beyond your means." Deciding between the two is not an issue or which you can afford because everyone on this thread knows that each will end up costing the same amount in repairs. Don't take the one sentence I didn't refer to in my response and act like that was your only argument. Your argument is so convoluted it honestly frustrates me and consequently nearly ruined my day.

Lighten up and go drive your hyundai. Peace.

As for the publisher for this thread-Pick up the A6. You won't be disappointed.
Good thing there's a new presidential interest for restructuring the education system. It seems like it needs it desperately. The "no child left behind" ghost of the past surely didn't work.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:30 PM

A6 x10.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
Good thing there's a new presidential interest for restructuring the education system. It seems like it needs it desperately. The "no child left behind" ghost of the past surely didn't work.
Lord your ignorance amazes me. You connect the most idiotic statements. No child left behind didn't work because it was a system that focused on having teachers teach to the test. Memorizing material until you are tested, then forgetting it until you have to relearn the same material is a flawed concept by its roots. If alluding to that system is an attempt of an insult to my intelligence you have done nothing but embarrassed yourself. In the words of the University of Connecticut basketball coach Jim Calhoun, "My best advice to you: just shut up."

Old 02-28-2009, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

For the guy who started this thread if you decide to get an A6 over the A4, my a6 4.2 is still for sale. You can check the link on the first page of this thread.
Shoot me an email passatcr@yahoo.com or call for any info (516)672-4895.
I am in the ny area.
Thanks,
JOHN

This is my ebay auction if you are intrested lmk---I am posting this link just to show you the car and let you know the maintenance has been done

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited by audiquattroduo; 02-28-2009 at 05:46 PM.