Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tips on keeping interior top notch

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down tips on keeping interior top notch

i am just wondering what tips and different procedures you have done that has kept your leather and other interior in top shape
thanks

Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

1. Shampoo and Condition your leather (using cleaning products).
2. Vacuum the interior
3. Spray shots of axe in the interior after you get out from eating / bringing home food (I like the smell later or the next morning).
4. Keep your fingernails cut (not kidding you will scratch stuff and the buttons on the dash are sensitive).

Old 10-04-2008, 01:42 AM
2nd Gear

^ all good stuff... remove any rings when driving, you will mess up your leather wheel. Get some cheap seat covers that are easy to install and keep one in one of your trumk compartments, that way if you do get nasty doing something, you wont mess up your seats. Get rubber floor mats, they look nice and trap more junk, keeping it off the carpet. Lexol is a good leather care product. Use a fine polish to remove scratches from the wood and if you have tip, the metal shiflter base. Get tint to help prevent UV damage and also a sun shield for the windshield. Im sure Im forgeting something but O well, others will get what is missed

Old 10-04-2008, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

Adam's Upholstery Cleaner...

I used a whole bottle on my headliner & carpet... WOW... it took about 2 hours of spraying and wiping (and I wish I took before/after shots) but it really took all the dirty off the headliner (trust me it was filthy, esp along the pillars)

It also got grimy old stains out of 10 year old carpet (not 100%, there was one stain that had been there over 5 years under my pass seat that got cleaned I'd say about 80% of the way)

I guess I can admit to neglecting the interior a bit, but now that I can see how clean it can be, it's going to stay that way... the Upholstery cleaner is dirt cheap too @ about $8/bottle

I also had a little bit of time to use their Leather Cleaner, and it did small wonders so quickly as well (I mainly just cleaned the headrests)

Their VRT (Vinyl, Rubber, Tire) is also great for the dash... it's water based so it won't damage like, say Amor All.

I gotta +rep Adams all the way through! They hosted a detail day recently and let a bunch of us Audi guys park in the warehouse and go to town with their products (for free)

Here is there website... they also ship a free how-to DVD

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

Click on Interior to see the products I talked about

Old 10-04-2008, 06:03 AM
2nd Gear

Zaino Leather Cleaner and Zaino Leather Conditioner.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM
2nd Gear

Did you know that leather used on car seats has two coats of paint and a coat of clear coat on it? All the "leather protector" in the world won't do any good as it cannot reach the leather! Keepping it out of the sun as much as possible is the trick to longetivity. That, and remembering to remove the screwdriver from your back pocket....

Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

Hmm, well it always seems to look better... damn scammers!