Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trouble pinpointing a coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rogue321
Success!!! She's together and purring like a kitten...and no leaks. It was the spark plug cables. I had the po301 and po305 codes again. I swapped the cables on cylinder 5 and 3 and the code po303 came up. Sooo, O'Reilly's got me a set today, got them in, and she ran like a champ.

I think I did a whole lot of extra work for nothing. But I do have some new experience and a better understanding of my car. So it is what it is.

The p/s sounded awful, but after driving it a bit sounds like it used to. That was weird. It sounded really bad.

I still haven't found where that connector goes. Is there a diagram of some sort that I can reference those connectors that are grouped together by the p/s reservoir? If I can at least figure out what part of the circuit it belongs to, I might can find where it goes. I have yet to find anything not working.

Thanks again for wall the help!!!!
Glad to hear you got everything sorted out. Sometimes it's better safe than sorry.

It's always something, lol.

I did my timing belt service, buttoned everything up -- within' the next 3 days, my alternator went out, I had a mysterious no start issue (no crank, just a click and it wasn't the battery -- fixed itself before I could figure out what the problem was), rear brake caliper seized, then a headlight issue after I adjusted them too far inwards causing it to pop off the adjustment *****, had to remove the headlights, open them up and fix that.. lol.

But as you touched on, the learning experience is a great, especially when your wrenching pays off in the end.

-------

Congrats!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

I hear ya, DAWG. It's strange all the unrelated things that will go wrong after a repair. Try explaining that to a customer. I can't blame them, either. lol!

Thanks again man. Your help is much appreciated.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

Hey Rouge321. I think I might have found your missing link. On my son's 2000 A6 the gray/purple connector goes to the sensor adjacent to the hood latch.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:58 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CRuby
Hey Rouge321. I think I might have found your missing link. On my son's 2000 A6 the gray/purple connector goes to the sensor adjacent to the hood latch.
Thanks CRuby. I'll go see if I can find out. Sounds promising.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
1st Gear

I see your coolant is green in post #24, u shall flush and replace it to pink. the green will hurt your engine, even universal.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by projects
I see your coolant is green in post #24, u shall flush and replace it to pink. the green will hurt your engine, even universal.
Yes and no. The only real issue is when they mix. They gel when mixed. If the system is completely flushed out prior to using the green stuff, then there is no issue.

As for the question about which is better... OEM pink lasts longer, but the green stuff isn't bad.