Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Webasto T60 remote heater

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Default Webasto T60 remote heater

Hi - I've just bought a 2002 A6 2.5 TDi Quattro in Germany and am trying to battle my way through the german manuals etc. The car came with a remote control, which the audi dealer told me was for some form of auxiliary remote heater - it's a two button remote with an Audi logo on the front; a Webasto logo on the back; and T60 CEPT-LPD-D on the base. After a little research, I reckon that it is a Webasto T60 remote ... but I have no idea how to use it?

I presume that one of the switches is ON and the other OFF ... when pressed, the red LED flashes but nothing seems to happen in the car. Any ideas on how these things work, or how I can check whether the heater is properly installed/working?

Old 08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Default RE: Webasto T60 remote heater

only used in very cold climates to prevent icing of the block so its an import from Alaska, engine block heater is its name

Old 08-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Default RE: Webasto T60 remote heater

I think it does a lot more than heat the engine block! The following is extracted from one of the internet articles I found about the Webasto blueheat heaters:

The vehicle heater by Webasto enables the user to warm the car or truck without idling. Idling causes unnecessary damage to the engine and produces increased amounts of polluting exhaust fumes. When the Webasto heater is activated, it draws fuel from the vehicle's fuel supply, heats and circulates the engine's fluids, and circulates heated air into the vehicle's passenger compartment without idling the engine. Webasto heaters run independently from the vehicle thereby canceling the need for harmful idling. Webasto heaters are installed standard with a digital timer, allowing the user to easily set the start time for as many as three times each day. The digital timer mounts to the vehicle's dashboard and presents a clear LED display of it's active functions. Also available for the heaters is a convenient remote activation key fob. This remote control unit contains three buttons; the first for starting, the second for ending, and the third to operate the fan for air circulation inside the vehicle. The remote's standard range is just under 500 feet. Webasto's heaters address the need to reduce idling time in personal and commercial vehicles. The amount of smog that is attributable to idling vehicles has prompted many local governments to limit idling in and around major metropolitan areas. Webasto's heaters fill the need of heating the vehicle AND fill the need of reducing harmful idling by not running the vehicle's engine. Using an auxiliary heater from Webasto frees the operator from time-consuming and tedious chores, such as clearing the ice from windshields, and waiting for the vehicle to warm up. Your time is spent on more important items, such as your family, your job, and your friends. In the morning your vehicle can heat up while you're enjoying breakfast, knowing that you're not idling your car and spewing increasing amounts of pollutants into the environment. With Webasto's heaters, you have more time.