Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Bang & Olfsen Audio Upgrade- $6600??? Anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Default Bang & Olfsen Audio Upgrade- $6600??? Anyone??

Is the Bang & Olfsen audio worth the money? Anyone have it? Supposedly the speakers pop up.....seems like something that would be cool but could also be problems?

Old 03-18-2010, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

I am also curious how well they sound. Are they an improvement for that much $$$$.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
1st Gear

I imagine you would need a really good ear and appreciation for music to feel like the improvement is worth the money, I mean, Bose doesn't make crappy components. Are you a true audiophile or are you just looking to be able to cruise the streets with ground thumping bass from some hip-hop/rap "music" because if you are the latter you'd probably be much happier spending half of that on a decent sub/amp combo.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:58 PM

I have the B&O in my 2008 S8. I bought mine CPO after the original owner loaded the car with every possible option. He was kind enough to baby the car for 20K miles before trading it in on a new Panamera Turbo. He was such a good guy that he ate over $40,000 worth of depreciation in those 2 years! Hell, I'd like to buy him dinner just to say thank you! I didn't pay $6300 for my B&O but I can see why someone would.

Long story but the bottom line is that for me the B&O is absolutely AMAZING. By far the best factory stereo I've ever heard in a car. You should listen to the two systems side by side, the difference would be obvious. BTW, Bose absolutely sucks! They don't call it "blows" for nothing. I have an upgraded Bose system in my Porsche and it's just terrible.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Site Moderator

Well i don't think BOSE is terrible, its leaps and bounds beyond MOST factory systems, especially in the A8. (my friends BOSE in his trailblazer is terrible)
The Band and Olfsen system just puts it to shame, you will NEVER hear better sound quality in a sound system possibily in the world at this date and time. I have been in several A8's with this sound system and i can say i have put it to the test, you cannot make it distort the sound, and it is perfect in just about every way. If you can afford the option, i recommend it to everyone over the stock Bose system.

EDIT: yes the tweaters pop up from the dash board, and its the coolest thing ever.

Last edited by auditech79; 03-18-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Default Bose really is sub-par

I agree, Bose is definitely below average, in both car and home audio - I have both! You know what they say, Bose is the best system marketing can buy! Now if Bose would only put some of their marketing budget into their product...

Old 04-16-2010, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by snfekf
I agree, Bose is definitely below average, in both car and home audio - I have both! You know what they say, Bose is the best system marketing can buy! Now if Bose would only put some of their marketing budget into their product...
I have no idea what you are talking about. My Bose stock system seems to be much much better than almost all cars I've been in. Maybe you all just drive in extremely expensive cars or have enough time to sit there and completely identify the small differences in the acoustics. But from a simple view the Bose system is a good quality system. The speakers never seem to rattle or distort sound with high amounts of bass. I too own a Bose home audio system, 2 of them actually. It does sound great, quite a bit expensive but it definitely sounds good. To me jigaboo music will sound like crap whether on a $600 system or a $6000 system.

Last edited by Brozee; 04-16-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brozee
I have no idea what you are talking about. My Bose stock system seems to be much much better than almost all cars I've been in. Maybe you all just drive in extremely expensive cars or have enough time to sit there and completely identify the small differences in the acoustics. But from a simple view the Bose system is a good quality system. The speakers never seem to rattle or distort sound with high amounts of bass. I too own a Bose home audio system, 2 of them actually. It does sound great, quite a bit expensive but it definitely sounds good. To me jigaboo music will sound like crap whether on a $600 system or a $6000 system.
WOW...I do agree my Bose system in my A8 doesn't sound bad to me either, but damn do you have to refer to the music as "JIGABOO" music? I guess it's still alive out here after all...that's clearly a racial slur...SMH!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

Lol definitely not meant as racial. Here people use it as a form of gangster music or music you cannot understand the words too don't over investigate too much lol !

Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

lol, I came in here to see what the upper crust like to discuss and found jigaboo....hilarious

Bose, is that what the "Symphony" system is? I'm not horribly impressed but it is better than anything stock in anything my wife's ever owned