Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Former BMW 740 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Site Moderator

Well you can, hit the ESP button everytime you get in the car and the traction control will be disabled. The engine tuning can be pepped up with a unitronics chip, and a sprint booster used on the gas pedal assembly can really change how the car behaves. A sprint booster basically accellerates and eccentuates the electrical signal to the throttle body giving you quicker 0-60 times and slightly more brutal accelleration.
The unitronics chip will add about 8-10 horsepower as well.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

Probably some reason it wouldn't work, but I imagine a quaife added front and rear, with the torsen in between for a truly all mechanical traction control system with AWD...to a point. At least, with a quaife, you mainly only get wheel spin (FWD anyway) if both are spinning, which is a good thing....still got controlled forward traction. If this happened with AWD, then the torsen could then throw most of the torque to the non-spinning end of the car.
Be a cool system if it could work, without the EDL's or throttle override.

Last edited by silverd2; 10-13-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by auditech79
Well you can, hit the ESP button everytime you get in the car and the traction control will be disabled. The engine tuning can be pepped up with a unitronics chip, and a sprint booster used on the gas pedal assembly can really change how the car behaves. A sprint booster basically accellerates and eccentuates the electrical signal to the throttle body giving you quicker 0-60 times and slightly more brutal accelleration.
The unitronics chip will add about 8-10 horsepower as well.
That's what I do. Start car - disable ESP. If I forget to disable ESP, it gets disabled as soon as I come off the first stop, as the throttle tip-in is noticeably retarded with ESP on. Would be great if there was a VAG-COM hack to disable ESP by default to where I have to hit the button to turn it ON, not off.

I'm not a big fan of chipped NA cars. Call me spoiled, but when the average mod on my Evo results in 30+ whp, gaining 8-10 BHP on my A8 isn't all that appealing, especially since I can't review the exact changes that are being made to my ECU. I've seen too many crappy tunes from alleged "Tooning" (or is it "tunning" ) companies to ever again trust a chip that I can't see the programming of. If the maps aren't open for review, it's not going on one of my cars.

l8r)

Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Site Moderator

Go with just a sprint booster then, it doesn't mess with the ECM and it just connects between the pedal assembly and the vehicle's electrical harness. I've been in two cars (3.0L A4, and 4.2L A6) that had these installed and you can definately feel the engine respond faster. It won't make it any more powerful, but it makes you feel more connected to the engine when the response is almost instant. Audi designed it to be plush and smooth, but hey thats probably what you have the EVO for LOL.
The link is here if you want to take a look at it, you can always just disconnect it if you don't like it and hawk it off to another member....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=300391283692
I wouldn't recommend buying it off ebay of course, but this link has the most info about it. Jegs also carries it for not much more, and LLtek has it for a LOT more haha.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kevinjones
The upshot was that, not for the first time, BMW’s range-topper fell short of the best-car-in-the-world accolade. That’s a hefty discount, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that a thorough de-contenting would go along with the de-cylindering.
Well that explains everything...if I could just find "jibberish" in my translator program.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:07 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

allow me to translate:

click on the link in my signature because I am low life forum spammer.

-reported