Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

replacing head light bulb

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Default replacing head light bulb

2007 Audi A8, need to replace the Driver side daytime running light that has burned out, and cannot for the life of me figure how this is done. I have read numerous posts and they all say something different. Please help with the issue. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Drl

Normally you have to remove the power steering reservoir. It can be done without completely removing it. Remove the 10mm bolt holding the reservoir in place. Pull the reservoir towards the passenger side to dislodge the rubber bushing on the side. Now pull upwards on the reservoir to dislodge the lower bushing. Pull the reservoir towards the fender as far as you can and secure it with some wire or tie strap. On the back of the headlight is a rectangular cover with to flat tabs on the top. Push down and towards the back. You might have to use a screwdriver to push down on the one towards the fender. After you remove the cover loosen the bulb socket counter clockwise about a 1/4 turn. If you have a inspection mirror look into the headlight first to see where the bulb is exactly, because once your hand is in it there will be no space left to see anything. On the passenger side you have to remove the top of the air filter housing. Remove the plug for the intake air temperature sensor and the big hose clamp on the intake. The housing has 2 pieces. The actual air inlet and the top part. The Philips screws will not come all the way out. The stay in the top part. Now push on the tabs to remove the cover from the headlight. Same here; turn the bulb counter clockwise. On my 2007 A8L I replaced the DRL and the Parking Light bulb with LED's. For the DRL's I had to install 50W6 ohm load resistors.
For the parking light I purchased error free LED's. Good luck once you have done it is easy.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Drl 2007 a8

DRL Replacement 2004-2010 Audi A8 Quattro - 2007 Audi A8 Quattro L 4.2L V8

This helped me a bunch when mine burned out.
I also did the CAN free LED replacement route. I grabbed mine from CarID.com.
The driver's side one was a bit challenging with my hands...almost called my wife over to reach in and pull the DRL out so I could change it.