Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Stumped.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Stumped.

Hello again, everyone. I hope all has been well.

Unfortunately for me, I've been separated from my wonderful '97 D2 for about 8 weeks now.

It originally went in for a new fuel pump. That was replaced and the car was running very poorly, and would then shut down. Shop said they might have given the car a crossed jump and they fried the ECU, so they replaced it with a shiny new one. Car starts and runs great... for anywhere between 15 minutes and an hour. Then it shuts down.

Tech at my usual shop ordered new diagnostic software... still couldn't sort out the issue. So, (all on their dime, might I add), they sent it to the local dealership. No dice; techs there couldn't figure it out. The area rep for service in the North Eastern U.S. is supposed to be in this week, and he's going to take a look at things. I'm waiting on word about his response.

I'm not sure what, if any, codes the car is throwing. All that I know is that it's running perfectly, then intermittently shutting down.

Has anyone run into a similar problem before?

Thanks. I'd really like to have my car back by my birthday (May 2)..... I miss it... [&o]