Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Suspension Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:34 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Audi A8 Suspension 2007

My Audi A8 front struts are getting replaced so my susupension system is locked on Yellow. I changed the tires but the Jack mode would not work. We jacked it up anyway and after we dropped the vehicle it turned yellow and blinking green now. Can I reset it back to normal? I read something that said system initializing would this take care of it.

Alberto Mayer

Old 01-18-2018, 10:21 PM
1st Gear
Default I need help

I recently am having serious problems with my 2006 Audi A8L. I had a air shock leak on passenger side. I replaced the unit. Now the cars mmi doesn't show any data for adaptive suspensions. It's as if the cat has deleted the adaptive air system. Hooked up to my snap on scan to and can not use any parameters on vehicle. How do I reset the system. I've tried to reset mmi by pressing middle know button and button on upper right of mmi. Does nothing. Howndoni reprogram the computer. Does anyone know where or how to do.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Conversion a solution?

Hey! Is conversion from Air to Spring a better solution? Pros and Cons?

Old 09-01-2018, 07:47 AM
1st Gear

Solution: Florida-made Arnott air struts are about like $800 each. Arnott struts are warranties FOR LIFE and have the electric plug to keep your S-mode firm suspension option fun - why many love their A8s more than heroin. buy struts directly from ARNOTT and they will register your lifetime warranty automatically (and you know they are made right) - they will build them for you if not on the shelf (A8 was in stock for me), they usually offer a rebate to send back your old ones -- recycle and share the love!! replace front 2 struts if they are sinking -- because they WILL leave you stranded soon-- mine did when I returned home to the airport parking lot after a nice trip, like a dog who chewed the door and ate up my shoes up while at work. repair air pump $1200 (or rebuild it $50-80), replace top 2 suspension arms while you have the units out ($20 economy grade arms last as long as $100 factory ones for my A8L - 20K) - retorq new arms at SAME ANGLE as the ones being removed -- do one at a time, replace the 40amp relay ( in the dash, get $22 dealership 40a relay with silver spade prongs - or use the common $5 HELLA 200w 40a fog light 4-prong relay from walmart or autozone until you can get a new german-silver relay from a dealer). DO NOT RE-USE YOUR OLD Relay, it's been COOKING because of all the extra hours your old pump/leaky system was running. Solves virtually all problems - works like new factory.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:05 AM
1st Gear

CON OF SPRINGS --
constant warning on the dash that prevents you from seeing radio station and other nice messages. That message is enough to drive a person insane.
spring is ONE height and Ive heard complaints that it always drags and even sags after a few years.
You lose the ultra-drop - when over 80 for 30 seconds in DYNAMIC mode -- the car drops another inch to really hug the road. It's like fine wine. putting coils in there is going back to the mad dog.
you lose the LIFT mode
you lose the electronic FIRM mode - set over 80mph or it's on instantly when you shift down into S mode from the drive mode. The air strut has electronic valving that turns your A8L into more than a porsche on mountain roads when in S mode.

Personally, I think you downgrade your car about $15,000 in value, austrian-alpine autobahn engineering, tuning, and super-lux-car ability.

If you live on the east coast -- after you fix your air suspension make a journey to run Route 10 in West Virginia (or Rt 52 or Rt 99, or Rt 50). Click down into S mode and give the Devil's Den a run. Only then you will find what I'm talking about. Devil's Den Motorcycle Routes - Ride Hatfield McCoy
post us a picture of your smile at the end of a run.